Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotlight cam flashing blue and white

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Spotlight cam flashing blue and white

Hey,

has anybody any idea what i can do?

My spotlight cam is flashing blue and white. Tried to do a hard reset while holding the button a the top for 30 seconds but that didn't helped. This happened after recharging the battery.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Spotlight cam flashing blue and white

Hi @jocsch, it sounds like your device is in setup mode! If you can, go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Spotlight Cam > Device Health > Change or Reconnect to Wifi. This will take you through setting up the device again so that it can reconnect to your internet and stay functioning for you. Let me know how this goes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi @Chelsea_Ring

unfortunaetly that didn't helped. Seems my device is not in the setup mode. Can't find any wifi network when i follow the intructions in the app. The device is also not flashing white it is a contant blue and white flashing. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

@jocsch Can you try another reset of the device first and then try to walk through the same steps? For the reset, you will press and hold down the setup button for 30 seconds as you have before. After that time, give the device some time to boot back up before trying to take it through another reconnection. Since you have tried this before, please reach out to our support team here if this seems to continue to fail. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Jocsch - have you had any luck getting your spotlight cam to go into setup mode? I'm having the exact same problem. It happened when I charged the battery.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Jocsch - have you had any luck getting your spotlight cam to go into setup mode? I'm having the exact same problem. It happened when I charged the battery.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Exact same thing happened today with my Spotlight Cam after charging the battery. Still no solution...
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I contacted the support via chat but we couldn't solve the problem. They shipped me a replacement device which works perfectly. So next steps for you would be to contact the support via chat or call and try to solve the issue there. If you are unlucky like me then i guess they will ship you a replacement device

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I’ve been having the exact same issue for the past few days and I’ve tried everything to fix it. Will contact support tomorrow. Thanks for the info!
/* */