Spotlight cam battery door won’t stay closed

I purchased several ring products and they went up easily, but my Spotlights cam battery door won’t stay closed, anyone have these issues? I am using take currently.

4 Likes

Hey @Lizdon. If the hatch for your batteries will not stay closed, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the reply. I did speak to them, they are replacing it. Great customer support!!

2 Likes

I have the same issue. This is driving me insane!

3 Likes

Having problem with battery door staying closed anyone else having this problem

2 Likes

Have they fixed the problem with the design of this or just replacing with the same?

1 Like

Mine was just delivered this week and when I went to set it up today I have the exact same problem. Does replacing it actually work? I’ve now read so many comments from others and it apparently is a constant problem with these cameras - the battery doors just will not properly click shut. Hate to bother with replacing unless really takes care of it

1 Like

Hey there, @Lynnsam! The hatch door should close without problems, and in most cases it will. There are some factors than can interfere with this experience such as debris or obstructions in the hatch or even wifi signal interference causing the hatch status to be slow in communicating the closed status. Ensuring for optimal resources, proper inserting of the battery, and a not obstructed or clean battery hatch, will help to improve this experience.

In the case that your hatch status doesn’t change, or the physical door does not stay closed, our support team will certainly be happy to help further. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

This is obviously a known issue with battery door of security cam not closing. What is being done to fix it?

3 Likes

Same here. I already tried 2 replacement cameras - it’s a design flaw. Customer support acts like they’ve never heard of the problem & offers ridiculous advice like replacing it again or hardwiring (don’t they think I would have done that if I had electricity or if I could put up the solar panel out there?). I’m stuck with taping it closed every time I change the battery.

3 Likes

I’m having same issue - have had camera up for over a year, have replaced battery before and have hooked up to solar panel. I live in extreme northern Minnesota and very cold. Been cold and not much sun so replaced battery, but now can’t get it closed. Will close and latch w/o batter in no problem. Does fiddling with the two screws on the latch assembly help?

I figured out the issue on mine - I have several batteries as I have Ring Doorbell as well. I charge and move the batteries as needed. The one that I put in my spotlight camera still had the screw used to secure the batteries in the doorbell. It’s just enough height that it blocks the latch from completely closing. I messed around for two days trying to latch it before I realized that screw was possibly the issue - removed it and it latched with no issue. Check that before you call in!!

1 Like

Maybe a little late on this subject.

My dad has the spotlight cam battery and the door closes tight, but you have to take it off the mount to do it as it is so tight. In fact, he cannot do it at 90 years old so I do it for him. Any adjustment on the latch? It doesn’t look like it. I have a couple myself and they are not much different.

Same exact issue. I have several of them and have to use tape. It is annoying

Same issue here as well. I was online with customer service who claimed they never heard of this problem. Then I read all the complaints here online. I guess I’ll be using TAPE or fiddle with the screw. NOT happy!

My 3rd camera (2 defective so far) is on its way. The Ring team is very nice, but the product is a pain with the defective door. Hopefully, this 3rd camera will stay closed. I’m 66 & hate climbing a ladder! Hope I don’t kill myself putting up yet another Ring camera. I’ll be SURE it stays closed before I install it this time.

Same issue here. Tried everything but the error is always there.

Trying to reach Ring support (EU) by phone but I get the message “Ring do not take phone calls at this time”. Maybe the 24/7 support is only in USA. Not possible just to send an email?

Just had same issue… You need to slam it shut hard and then it stays closed!

I have tried everything to get it to close I guess I to will have to reach out to ring

Same issue. Battery door will not stay closed no matter what. I’ve resorted to duct tape, which is ridiculous but seems to be holding for now

1 Like