Spotlight alarm goes off on its own

My wired spotlight camera’s alarm started going off on its own and would not turn off until we turned off the electricity to the house. How do I fix this before my neighbors burn down my house.

Hi @Eastonpress! This should not be happening. The Siren for your Spotlight Cam can only be toggled in the app manually. If it was toggled and did not turn off, please try removing and reinstalling the app to rule out any integrations or connection variables with your mobile device. Please also ensure VPN is not enabled.

Wifi connection is also worth considering, as any interference can mean that a command from the app could be interrupted from making it to the device. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing signal strength. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Mine is doing this too. Don’t even have the app open and WiFi is fine. Only way to stop it is unplug the spotlight cam from outlet.

Hi @Jr7, happy to chime in here. When this occurs, have you tried opening the Ring App and toggling the siren off? Since it can only be turned on from within the Ring App, it’s possible that turning it off in the app will take care of this concern. If not, I’d suggest restarting the Spotlight Cam and setting it back up. To reset the Camera, you’ll want to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s done, you can set it back up in the Ring App again by following the steps under Set Up a Device.

If this concern with the siren persists after trying the suggested steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can look into this more closely for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back on what solution works for you or what support recommends! :slight_smile: