Spotlight Picture Quality

Why does my spotlight wired cam have better picture quality than my spotlight battery if they are both 1080p? If I zoom in on the wired version the picture looks great. You can make out facial details. But, the battery version looks washed out and people are unrecognizable. Regardless of power source if they are the same exact camera they should be producing the same picture quality.

Hi @jcbeichl! Video connection and quality are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. As there are various factors that can impact video quality, the difference in power can be considered if battery power is low.

While not related to video frame rate quality, the High Dynamic Range option in your Ring app could make a difference in image on the Spotlight Camera battery. I recommend also checking out our help center article about adaptive video play, to see if this experience might be related to that feature. If this concern persists, our article about router adjustments and improved video might also help! :slight_smile: