Spotlight Motion Sensor Not turning on Lights

After operating properly for two months, my hardwired Spotlight Cam stopped turning on the lights. The camera is recording the video; I can turn on the lights manually via my iPhone, but the lights won’t come on when I approach the unit.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Don

Hi @Don38. This could be a setting in the Ring app. With your Spotlight Cam selected, tap on Devices Settings, then Light Settings. Once there, you can toggle on Turn Lights on With Motion. You can also adjust your lights Motion Zones as well. I hope this helps!

This did not work for me. My motion alert works but the lights do not come on. The application setting shows both Motion Detection and Motion Alerts activated.

I am getting motion alerts and I can manually turn the lights on but the lights do not turn on in response to motions. Have also increased sensitivity.

Any other ideas?

Hi there, @Ohio! Depending on the model of Spotlight Camera, this operation should be automatic. For the Spotlight Camera Battery version, lights turning on with motion does need to be enabled. This can be altered by visiting the Spotlight Camera in the Ring app, select Device Settings, and then selecting Light Settings. For the Spotlight Camera wired versions, lights are controlled in the same place in the Ring app, but by zones.

I recommend double checking the wifi signal strength, and battery percentage (if applicable), then test this functionality at night. As you mentioned the lights come on via the Ring app toggle manually, this is a great sign that your Camera is fully operational. If these lights still do not automatically trigger with motion, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I will give this another try tonight after dark.

If it does not work tonight, I will give a call to the support number.

Ohio

1 Like

BTW, the spotlight is a wired spotlight and the wifi connection seems to be working.

Ohio

1 Like