Spotlight Cam with 2 prong plug

My new outdoor Spotlight Cam wired came with a two-prong AC plug. This is not standard for an outdoor device . Especially in an area that has alot of lightning storms. The Ring installation video demonstrated the device with a 3-prong plug. I think it is essential to have a ground wire for this outdoor device.

I called the Ring tech experts and they were a little confused and shocked at that as well and seemed a little surprised and had to look into it.

Does anyone else have an issue with this?

Hi @ayezik. Your Spotlight Cam should have an Indoor/Outdoor compatible plug. Could you possibly upload a photo of your Ring Device with the plug you received? I want to make sure you have all the correct equipment. Thanks!

I too received my Spotlight Cam wired and has only a 2-prong electrical plug. I agree this is not expected or acceptable for outdoor mounting.

Now what?

Hi @Chuck3000. Would you mind reaching out to our support team? They can double-check the photo you’ve shared to make sure that you’ve received the correct equipment to install your Spotlight Cam. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.