Spotlight Cam motion verification and detection schedule not working

I have a spotlight camera that has motion verification turned on and still detects leaves flying across the driveway (but often does not detect people or vehicles). I’ve turned on the motion schedule which it completely ignores. I also get several events a day that have blank recordings.

Motion schedule works on my stick up cam, and motion verification seems to work as well. I rarely get false motion events on it even though there are multiple trees blowing in the wind in its field of view.

Hey @Mike71. Could you try resetting your Spotlight Cam, reconnecting it and see if this helps this concern? For this, please press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds on the Spotlight Cam. Then go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Spotlight Cam > Device Health > Change or Reconnect to Wifi. This will take you through another setup of the device, and then please re-visit your Motion Settings to make sure they are still as they should be. From here, monitor the device to see if it has the same behavior.

If it does and this doesn’t seem to help, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.