Spotlight Cam Wired Lights

Is it possible to get motion alerts with a Spotlight Cam Wired without the lights turning on? Motion zones for lights are all set to off, but the lights still turn on when there is motion. I’m hoping to find a easy solution or a I’ll have to send this cam back as I don’t want lights turning on. Thanks.

Hey @tjebme! By default, the lights on your Spotlight Cam Wired will only turn on for motion events when it’s dark. There is also a setting to alter the brightness of the lights, as well as the light motion zones themselves to avoid them triggering when not desired. Check out our help center article about the Spotlight Cam Wired lights to learn more. :slight_smile:

Thanks. I had the light motion zones all turned to off, but then I wasn’t getting any motion alerts. Once I turned the light motion zones back on I started getting motion alerts, but then the lights also came on. Should I be able to have the light motion zones all turned off (assuming lights will never come on then) and still get alerts?

1 Like

You sure can @tjebme! The lights motion is strictly for lights, so those can be disabled or minimized and you will still receive notifications as long as your motion zones themselves are active in your Motion settings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For some reason it wasn’t working appropriately yesterday. Now it seems to be working as expected. I’m getting alerts and the lights aren’t turning on. Thanks for your time!

1 Like

My lights go on when there is motion but not recording