Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotlight Cam Battery solar charging both battery

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Spotlight Cam Battery solar charging both battery

Hi,

I'm planning to purchase the Ring Spotlight Cam Battery with solar panel and 1 additional battery pack. I understand the camera will automatic switch to the backup battery if the first battery drained completly. 

I would like to know if the solar panel will charge both battery? or does it charge only the active battery? For example, if I have both batteries in the unit called battery A & B. If the camera drained the battery A and switched to battery B at night. In the morning, would the camera know how to charge the battery A which is not the active battery now. I could not locate this information anywhere. I appreciate your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Spotlight Cam Battery solar charging both battery

Hi @derricknp. I saw you posted the same question about the solar Floodlight, which I answered for you here, as the devices both act and are managed the same way with the solar panel installed. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Re: Spotlight Cam Battery solar charging both battery

Although I am not a happy customer of Ring right now (as you can see by my posts over the last 2 weeks), I will tell you the Solar Panel is WELL worth the money. When I bought my spotlight cam, I bought an extra battery and the solar panel. I've had them connected to each other for a little over a year, and neither battery has ever been below 97%, even after extended periods of dreary winter weather. I would strongly suggest and recommend the solar panel and an extra battery for your cameras.

MWC