Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Spotlight Cam no longer charging by solar panel

I have a Ring solar panel.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am going to try resetting my camera today to see if it makes a difference.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I contacted customer support and they are replacing my solar panel.  They advised anyone having issues with solar charging to contact customer support.  Be prepared to have your camera serial number when you contact support.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Is the only way to contact support by phone?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I did an onlie chat session.  Clicked on help and get more support and then chose chat

Highlighted
New Neighbor

When I called CS that's the first thing they wanted to do.. replace the solar panel, but I have 2 and they are both slower to charge than they had been.    After the agent talked to someone in development they are aware of issues with the iOS app.   Also I think that the app only updates the battery level when it performs a "health check" rather than each time the app is opened.   I do not know how often the health checks are performed.  I've seen times when it's been 2 hours or more.   I've not found a way to get it to check it in real time.  The CS also couldn't 'see' the solar panel on his end but development said that's an app issue at this time.

With the shorter days coupled with the way the app is updating, I decided to wait and see.   Once we got some decent sun yesterday both my spotlight cams charged back up.  The one that gets the most sun went to 100%.  The other is at 94% this morning but 2 days ago it was at 67%.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I ordered my first solar panel spotlight cams 2 pack 2 weeks ago and they both stopped charging within 2 days. After numerous chat and phone calls was advised solar panels and cams are faulty and need replacing!! I decided to best solution was to return them for a full refund!

Then ordered wired versions this solved the hassle of how quick the solar versions become faulty but having slight quality issues with footage and viewing.

I would personally stay away from the solar panels until they fix the issues.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

Yes - that feature would be great. My stickup cam seems to almost never have an issue with solar charging because it’s always at 100%. BUT my new spotlight cam was working great with the solar panel keeping it fully charged until a couple months ago now it seems to not work at all. I always check that the panels are clean and they are getting sun. Had to buy another battery. The ability to see a solar panel is connected and actively charging would be very helpful.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same notice for me with the newest update. It used to say solar powered as my power source but now it’s recommending I purchase a solar panel even though both cams have panels connected.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

So how do you get the batteries charged using the solar panel?