cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Spotlight Cam no longer charging by solar panel

no more canned answers please , we need solutions. people had this cameras and panels for years. if due to winter then you have to figure it out what you have changed to worsen the charging power. 50 pages thread Im sure is not a one person problem. real answers please. when the developers will be engaged in real testing ?
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

i had this problem since i got this solar cam on dec25 never charged i started talking about this i had to buy a 2nd battery i also got a sleeve i saw on ebay rubber i just said it will protect it from the elements but still not charging it was after i updated the app that the system started charging slow very slow i said something is better then nothing but now it’s up to 100% and or 90 i don’t know what they did if anything but as long as it’s charging i also ajustes the alert zone and did not link it to my other cam i left it working on its own when it was linked to many turn on hope this helps
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yes, depressingly, this is the same scenario for me, after having invested some $1,200 in various Ring devices, which, up until a mysterious event oddly timed with a firmware update last year, had operated flawlessly with respect to keeping the battery charged.

Bring on the class action!

-- An understandably surly customer

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I bought a solar panel for my spotlight cam. Installed on 2-11-20. First day I got 10% additional charge. Yesterday and today full sun and the battery has dropped 10%. What is going on?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I contacted Ring re my first generation stick up cam not charging via the solar panel and the fact this charging option has now disappeared from the App. They were very helpful and I have received a free replacement latest generation cam. I've still had to order a new solar panel as my old panel won't connect to the latest cam but I can't complain the cam has been replaced free of charge. Was hoping to install it today but Storm Dennis had other ideas here in the UK.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

So on top of all the other crap with the solar panel, my Spotlight cam took a giant dump on 1/30. Worked like normal running off of two batteries (gave up on the stupid solar panel for now), but it last checked health at noon-ish that day and I noticed that night that the light was flashing white and blue non-stop. Did that for 3 days straight until we took it down and took out the batteries. We tried reset, reboot into setup, but nothing works. It just keeps flashing that stupid light.
Been playing email tag with Customer Service (12 days running, now). The jerk keeps saying he's sent me authentication support codes, but I'm not getting anything. Even checked my spam every single time. Husband is calling them today. He's had it.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Semi-good news - I’m on iOS 5.22.4 and I see an actual firmware number on my stickup cams! I don’t seem to have the solar charging problem for my cams which are on “cam-1.4.15200”.

At least with firmware numbers being displayed again we might be able to narrow down the problem.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

iOS 5??? Current iOS is 13.3.1.

Can you explain further? Your screenshot just looks like a line of text.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

That’s the app version. The firmware line on the device health used to just say “up to date” but now it has an actual firmware version, as demonstrated by the screenshot.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

@tim137 Firmware line for all my devices still say “Up to date” (see attached photo) and as you can see one battery already ran down again so hubby will have to go up as usual to change it...and this is one of 3 devices that also has Solar Panels attached....I just wish we can get some type of resolve