cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Thank you for your patience! Community is back up and running. Please flag a Moderator if you experience any issues while posting. Thank you :)

Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Re: Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

that’s what they tell you ever time you call oh clean the panle and the port that’s hog wash mine is new and they changed it told me it was the panel monde you i had already tested it with a bolt meter and it was pumping out the 5 volts it gives them they change the camera and that where i am at instal it sat and already one of the bats is at 80% i will give it until friday before i call them and demand a refund
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Re: Spotlight Cam no longer charging by solar panel

virginiabeef:

At this point yours is the only explanation that makes any rational sense.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Just stumbled on this on the app help section for the spotlight !! Seems they might have a design issue with connector .... water getting in at the connection would definitely effect it’s working properly ..see attached
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I would agree with that..... had I not had issues fresh out of the box. Mine has just never worked.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just got the stickup cam and solar panel. There must have been a firmware or app update - my device health now shows “connected” for the solar panel status and a “very good” for power status.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring,

Apple App store sent  me a notice there's an update for my Ring app. I downloaded it and guest what...........IT DID NOT FIX MY ISSUE WITH THE SOLAR PANEL NOT CHARGING MY SPOTLIGHT CAM AND SHOWING MY DOOR BELL HAVING A SOLAR PANEL CONNECTED TO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I had go up a ladder and swap battery today.......THANKS RING....

How long does it take to fix software issue? 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am having the same problem with my solar panel. I got the solar panel so I wouldn’t have to keep charging batteries & climbing ladders. I have a disability & this is a challenge.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

Thank you so much for this information. It seems like November is a common date. I'll be sending this to the team.

Just to rule out weather, do you mind mentioning where you are from? No worries if not! 

Jennifer, 

I'm in WA state. All my 1st gen solar panels (micro USB connection) hold charge with absolutely NO problems. Only the spotlight cam and panel are affected.

I'm still within my return period for the panel. I'm sending it back.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Lol. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the update pop up. I felt like was playing Russian roulette, whether it would make things better or worse. Turns out it was a push.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Well this is weird.  One of my stickup cams on a solar panel suddenly went to 100% in a single morning (from about 88%).  My other stickup cam (also on a solar panel) is still losing power.  My new Spotlight cam (also on a solar panel) is still losing power.  My Ring Doorbell 2 has always stayed at 100%.  Is this the Ring Twilight Zone?