Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

I am having the same issue. I added a solar panel to my Spotlight Cam Battery about a year ago. I have two batteries installed. The first one is always at 100% and the second battery never goes below 98%, and I get a lot of videos.

Today, I am down to 76%. I removed the connector for the solar panel, and everything looks good and clean with the plug and the receptor. I replaced the connection, but I think it is still not charging the batteries.

I am wondering if this is because of a firmware update to the camera, because, starting today, when I look at Device Health - right below the Left and Right Battery Level, there is now something I have never seen in the couple of years of owning this camera.

There is a new entry that says: “Solar Panel Status” with a line below it that says, “Add a Ring solar panel to Extend Battery Life”.

Has anyone else every seen any mention of a Solar Panel, in their Device Health?

Not happy that my solar panel stopped working around the same time that this additional line appeared, but it would be great if Ring is starting to give some indication of a Solar Panel Status.

22 Likes