cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

I have the same problem. Brand new and within a week battery is drained. The solar panel is plugged in. The app tells me to plug in a solar panel to extend battery life. The solar panel plug is snapped all the way in the back of the security camera.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Got off the phone with support, and they are telling me that it is too cold for the cameras and will not charge when its cold outside. It's 32 degrees right now, and for some odd reason, have worked for the past two years with no problems. 

If I have 2 batteries, should it say "add a battery"?

If I have the solar panel, should is say "add a ring solar panel......."?

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Last couple of weeks it's been sunny, lows in 40s highs in 70s. None of my panels or cams are charging. Direct sunlight, mounted and pointed properly. NOTHING!

Yet the Arlo Pro 2 and panel, are pegged at 100%. That panel I mounted under an eave and it gets NO direct sunlight, just reflected light.

Once again, wonder what Ring will say when it is spring and summer. Wow it has been four-five months since this all started. Pretty sure Ring is just waiting everyone out.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I don’t believe this. Mine stopped charging over the summer. It has nothing to do with temperature.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Last week my Spotlight cam started to chargeSmiley SurprisedSmiley Happy

This week it stopped charging, it's been sunnier and warmer this week than last week.Smiley Mad

Has anyone heard from Jennifer?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Found my answer about Jennifer the last time she responded to us.......the customers 

Community Manager 
‎02-13-2020 10:51 AM
It's been almost 3 weeks. 
Any updates Jennifer? 
Ring forgot about us?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I can't make my solar spotlight cam charge properly. I am an older female living alone and I bought this so I wouldn't have to be up on a ladder taking the battery in and out.  What is the deal? What can you do to make this work? If this is a known issue why isn't ring doing something to fix it? 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Forgive me if this does not fit on this group. We recently purchased the Spotlight Cam with solar panel, and two batteries. Installed it yesterday evening, but the solar panel may not be working. As you can see in the picture, it shows no indication of being installed or charging. Is this typical of the software or do I have an issue with Cam or Solar panel? Yes the panel is in full direct sunlight plus under a few inside lights and still no change.  Temps are in the low 60s.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

That line in device health means nothing.  It's ring's brilliant idea to advertise.  Try and get them to admit it.  Just so lame.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Spotlight Cam no longer charging by solar panel

I just added my spotlight cams solar panel this weekend and it still shows the same message.  My cams are new, only 3 months old.  But that status in device health has always been there for me.  The latest update that occured on Saturday was a new button when you first hit the ... button.  Just above the settings is a new button for Siren On.  But it doesn't appear that my battery is actually charging or show anything in the settings that shows I have a solar panel installed with either of my cameras