Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Re: Spotlight Cam no longer charging by solar panel

Jennifer,
Where do we stand with this situation?  Is this issue being worked on?  This whole thing is hard to believe.  My cams worked all last winter and this winter they can barely keep up with what the dashboard consumes updating.  My four cams are not even being activated by motion.
How can you just ignore everyone?  Your cold temps theory is shot to hell when you consider all of the people who have written in that live in warm areas.
We deserve some answers as to where you are in resolving this issue.
clint

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm having the same issue, I bought the spotlight camera in may 2019 with a solar panel, it was working perfect, until about mid February, it stopped charging, Ring first replaced my camera, still not charging, not replaced my solar panel, still not charging, i have not move the solar panel were is always been, don't know what else to do now.

can anyone help? I don't want to be getting on a latter every 4 days to change the battery.

thank you

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is what you get when you combine technical incompetence with an amoral business. They’re hoping this all just dies down and we all just move on.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring:  Looking to get an update on how the solar panel issue will be fixed.  Has a special team been tasked with this issue?  You have indicated to please be patient, but updates are infrequent and there is never new information or progress status in the update.   Is there a timeframe for a resolution?  Is Ring close to a resolution - either committing to a fix by a certain date, and if that is not possible then compensation for equipment not functioning as advertised?  Is there some end in sight?

Please respond.  Thank you.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

One thing I have to say. Ring has certainly uped their security game to log onto this forum. Adding two factor authentication.

One more corporate road block thrown at the little guy.

1moreRobot is certainly correct, Ring is just allowing this to die down and would like everyone to move on or once spring/summer hits correct issue and claim it was winter.

Wow, four months and Ring still has not even acknowledged that this could be a widespread issue. They are still blaming on cold, weather, dirt, etc.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Heck they don't even provide a change log.

Ring when are you going to update us?

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Well, I complained when I had problems and so now I will note when I have solutions.  I have had issues with the Spotlight Cam connected to a solar panel for months.  I just could not get it to charge.  It was not in an area of total direct sunlight for the entire day, but it was hit by sunlight for at least a  few hours a day.  Still, nothing.  This week, we moved the solar panel by using extension cords we got from Amazon to move the solar panel to a location on a different side of the house that got direct sunlight for 4-5 hours a day at least.  Well, today the charge went from 88 to 100 in a few hours (4-5).  I am extremely happy and it seems my issues are over.  My guess (and it is not based on any science) is that the Spotlight Cam for whatever reason requires more sunlight to charge them then the older Stickup cams.  That's OK.  As long as there is a way to get them to work I am elated.  Hope that helps!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

So as of today, everything is charged to 100%. All of a sudden, out of the blue. Today there wasn’t much sunlight at all either. Mostly a gloomy day in upstate NY. I would give Ring credit, but nothing was ever wrong in their end....

Anybody else having the same luck I am today?
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Happy to hear that your panels are now charging. Just keep in mind, you can NOT use one day as a baseline. Several of us, myself included, thougth our panels were "fixed" because of a couple of charging days. Just to see them reverted back to not charging.

Yesterday was a day with full sun about mid 50s, not one cloud in sky, at least six to seven hours of full sunlight on my panels. Still ALL four cams and doorbell lost at least 6% charge. While the A**o cam and panel has remained at 100% for almost a week, after charging from 50% and only recieving indirect sunlight.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Thanks for the heads up.  Will keep an eye out and let the forum know.