Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

Hi Jennifer,

I am new here, but have read thru the forum. I am a RING customer of two years. I live in Maine. I currently have seven RING Spotlight cams. Four of them are battery cams, all with two batteries each and solar chargers and other three cameras are plug in. Until the end of 2019 I have never had a problem with the battery cams, except for fogging, which is a separate issue! All of a sudden my battery cams stopped charging. Three started working again on their own, but one of my cameras is still not charging. The solar panel for this camera is actually mounted beside another solar panel for a different camera. One works the other doesn’t. The one camera that is not charging was purchased in June of 2019 to beef up my security. It had been charging fine for months until Nov/Dec 2019 time frame. I have cleaned the solar panel, checked adjustment, charged the batteries, unplugged and replugged the solar charger, and have done a reset on the camera to force a new software update on it. That was a week ago and that cameras batteries are steadily dropping. It has been full sun for several days, and today in the 40’s with full sun and it dropped again. Again, the unit right beside this one which is almost two years old is working. I understand this camera may have gone bad, but but it is strange that this happened at the same time as everyone else here started seeing problems. Something changed on RINGs end, it would be nice to have it figured out.

2 Likes