cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

Jennifer any news from your daily status with developers?

and yes many of us talked to support and they told us the same tips that are available in the internet and doesn't work
Highlighted
New Neighbor

@ClintJ...just like you I invested over $1000 on devices, I have 2 doorbells and 3 spotlight cams with solar panels and extra batteries (Not to mention paying the yearly amount for monitoring) so this is why it is frustrating, we not talking about pennies spent!!!!
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

ClintJ, I'm in the same boat as you. Bought a couple of Ring doorbells a few years ago, then got sucked into the Ring eco system. Everything was working fine (not great) but you learn to live with it if you set your expections right (don't expect, cutting edge security). Then "the wheels came off" in Oct/Nov2019.

What I can't live with is changing batteries out every two to three weeks. The four solar cams I have are useless. As well as the Ring doorbell I have on a rental I own. The only Ring stuff that is working like normal is the stuff that is hardwired.

Funny thing is the other solar stuff that I had for years, has not seen a negative impact from the "earth tilting on its axis". Just the Ring stuff.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Everything he said EXACTLY. LMAO
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hey  Jennifer_Ring.

I made a post on 2/1/2020 and not have heard back from you.

How about getting me a extra battery since Ring can not figure this out?

Also whats going on?

Why is it taking so long to figure this problem out?

I'm getting very frustrated with Ring   

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Have not seen any new post recently, did the solar panels issue get fixed?

Mine still does not charged and still have message under Solar Panel Status  "Add a Ring solar panel to Extend Battery Life" 

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

All of mine are still not charging.

I think folks just got tired of beating a dead horse. I know I did. When I get around to it I'll look into other options. Most likely just going to either do without the Ring products by getting a real CCVC system setup or just do without cameras in those areas. Most of my equipment was purchased either where I can still return it or have my CC drop the charges.

Pretty much the same story, little guy gets rollerballed again, corp wins by holding out the longest. Most folks will just learn to live with it, others will return their equipment or just have another gizmo that doesn't work "as seen on TV". Ring/Amazon will keep going and scoop another demographic now that they have the much cheaper Ring products out.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Any lawyers who might be looking through this, sign me up for the class action. Ring broke our product and is just leaving us in the lurch while so-and-so supposedly checks in with them periodically.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

@Richs no change on my end....actually both of the batteries for my driveway had to be changed today after being changed last week and actually we had a couple days that was over 50’s so go figure....but like everyone else I am tired and DEFINITELY WOULD NOT BE RECOMMENDING β€œRING” to ANYONE
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Spoiler

😒