Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

In my case, going down to 30 degrees is a rarity where I live. If I remember right Ring batteries have problems with extreme cold. The temperture dropped to 33 degrees one night. We don’t get snow, but the mountains were heavy with it. All of the cams have 2 batteries and solar panels. One of the batteries on the garage cam dropped to 75% and fell steadily day by day. The second battery held at 90% percent, charged up to 95% for a day or two then hung at 75%. When the first battery hit 27%, the remaining battery began to drain too. The solar panel has full sun, but the batteries weren’t charging. I ended up replacing both batteries with new ones. It hasn’t been that cold since and I haven’t had problems with charging. Back on the charger, both batteries took more than 3 days to fully charge and when I tried to use them in my doorbell,the doorbell was was instantly dead. I used a different battery and the doorbell worked again. The the indicators on the damaged batteries said they needed to be charged again. I got rid of them.