cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

Hi neighbors. Thank you for this information-- it is greatly appreciated. The team is continuing to investigate this and trying to see if there is anything that happened in November (when most neighbors said this first started to happen) to trigger this. I will continue to keep you posted and appreciate your patience. Thank you! 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

This is great! Again charged up to 100% now. Was 97% this morning and it's not even that sunny out today.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Happy to hear of those in the group that are experiencing improvements in solar panel performace. Unfortunately, I am not having a similar experience.

RING - please do not forget about those of us still having issues!

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

at lease we know that they are now working on the problem and not telling you to clean the panel and plug i have seen a slight change but it was cloudy he in ny we will see on friday how it goes all we could do is hang in there i had said until friday so i will wait
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My spotlight cam has also started charging again with the solar panel even on a cloudy day like today. The battery level was at 50% and now it's up to 71%. I'm also on the latest Ring app update of 5.22.2 so I don't know if that has anything to do with it since we haven't heard anything about a specific fix from Ring.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

to all that are having problems with the solar panel charging issue go to the app store and download the new update i think it has the fix for this issue lot of folks are posting that their panels have started charging
Highlighted
New Neighbor

New Neighbor
"to all that are having problems with the solar panel charging issue go to the app store and download the new update i think it has the fix for this issue lot of folks are posting that their panels have started charging"

Thank you for the suggestion.  I do have the most recent update.  Hoping to see what may happen tomorrow with some sun as battery did not drop today (cloudy) after normal use...thanks!  Crossing fingers.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am heartened to hear of so many people reporting charging activity and hope it pans out for me as well soon.

Please ask the developers to include information on the current device firmware instead of just "Up to Date" and if the Ring CS folks can tell that the panels are charging it sure would be ice for the apps to display the information already being sent to the mothership.  Not including that critical information to the end user is, well, absolutely stupid.  

Highlighted
New Neighbor

my camera was dying at 7% and went to 15% in a few hours after manually updating the app in ios. What makes me believe it was just about a false battery reading in the app and not a physical hardware or firmware problem. Meaning the battery was always charging but the app did not know. it is still unacceptable to have the misleading message about solar panel, not knowing if solar pannel is connected or not and not knowing the firmware release version. not to mention the issues with bitrate and quality drops in the image even with the best wifi and connection.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

River2018, no, my camera has gone stone cold dead since this debacle started. It goes beyond a misreported number in the app.