Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Solar panel status

Same here
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Spotlight Cam Battery not charging with solar panel

In response to RING's request for specific info: 

I have one spotlight cam with 2 batteries attached to a solar panel.

First noticed the drain on battery sometime in November.  One battery was drained to approx. 50% and would hover there.  Now (mid-Jan) that same battery is down to 10% and often less (never gets charged above 10%).  The second battery has slowly dropped down from 100% to 70% and never gets above 80%.

The problem persists and I do not believe it is from lack of sun, cold weather, or a dirty panel.   The New York area recently had 2 days of spring-like weather.  I expected the batteries would be fully charged rapidily.  Did not happen.

It is not coicidence that many other customers are having the exact issue.  

Appreciate someone from RING finally responding and acknowledging that RING has an issue to resolve for its' customers, not quoting from a user manual.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Spotlight Cam no longer charging by solar panel

I have the newest connector (weather resistant) - still have battery issues....

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Is the lack of charging just affecting those with iOS devices or are Android users having solar panel charging issues as well?
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

that’s a very good question i am using iphone and it’s never worked for me
Highlighted
New Neighbor

RING:  I am using an iPhone/IOS - latest software

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Forgot to mention what I'm using, iOS latest version as well. Reason I asked was is I understand that Android users are not having issues with the "add a solar panel" ad.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I have the app on my iPad and my Galaxys10+ (and my wife has the app on her iphone) and I have the solar panel not charging issue. I don't think it has anything at all to do with the apps. It's a firmware issue or hardware issue.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Jaywohifeld, I agree. So looks like Ring has at least two issues that affect iOS users. The panels not charging (bigest issue) and the Solar Panel status field in the mobile app.

This may sound bad, but it is good to know that Android folks are having issues as well. That really narrows it down to a firmware problem in the cams themselves.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

well i can tell you in my case it’s all new stuff and they replace both the camera and panel and still no charging i had to buy another battery so i do t have to keep going up to change it that often but if by friday i still have this problem i will ask them for a refund