cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Questions about Amazon Alexa devices and your Ring? Post them in our new Amazon Alexa board!

Spotlight Cam Battery - Cannot edit motion zones

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Spotlight Cam Battery - Cannot edit motion zones

So I just received my new spotlight cam and all installed and setup fine. During the motion zone setup I selected an area just to test it. I now want to amend the zone and bring it down slightly so the road is not covered, however I only have the option to disable 3 different sections of the existing zone, and I don't have the ability to change where it covers. Now everytime a car drives past it triggers the camera which is not what I want. Any help would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Spotlight Cam Battery - Cannot edit motion zones

Great use of tags on the Community @jamsy1995 !! I'm thinking of implementing them for all boards, what do you think? 

I can certainly help with your Spotlight Cam! When you tap on the device > tap on the cog wheel top right corner > tap on MOTION SETTINGS. Then it should take you to 'Motion Zones', which will bring up the 4 areas you can turn on and off. Then the next screen will take you to the slider, which will allow you to set the sensitivity. I hope that is what you're looking for! Keep me posted -- happy to help however I can. 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Can I modify the radius of movement, like I can for the doorbell? For the doorbell, there is a slider you can use to modify the “blue zone” to pick up more or less vertical movement (see attached screencap of the doorbell interface). I can’t find this slider for the Spotlight Cam.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Great question @Lurchkjw! Our battery powered devices will all share similar motion settings. On the Spotlight Camera Battery, you will have the option to enable these zones in 3 quadrants, as well as adjust the sensitivity slider, much like the Doorbell. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.