SpotLight Cam batteries not holding charge

Also, with batteries comes many issues that can cause rapid draining. First is of course the temp being colder if you’re in an area with colder temps. Then there are the settings used. Most settings will warn you of using more battery if used. The frequency of alerts and motion detection can drain as well. Also, the wifi connection strength is a major issue if not good. Just like a cellphone that has a bad signal. It will struggle to get and keep the connection. On a phone you may notice that phone is warmer than normal. Battery powered devices are good but they do have take aways.
I just replaced my doorbell 2 with a pro. The battery would drain even though I had enough power going to it. But I like all the features turned on so I’d replace the battery almost every 1 to weeks. I found it to be a pain so a got the pro. Now I have every feature running and no battery draining since there isn’t one to drain. Maybe something I’ve stated will help you. If not maybe support can. It’s always possibly the battery is defective as well.

Also, I do use a bunch of Ring smart lights around my house. Path lights, spots and flood lights. They all take 4 D batteries. I’m truly amazed how long they last. And I have most features on as well. It’s been maybe 8 months now and they are almost ready to be replaced.

Have a good night, hopefully you will get yours to work like you want it too.

1 Like