Snooze light on spotlight cam?

When I snooze spotlight cam (battery), the light still comes on if there is motion. Is there a way to tell it to snooze the light along with the motion alerts?

1 Like

Hi @davemcp! The Snooze feature is specifically to prevent motion notifications for a time period that you would not like them. Motion will still record, and lights will still trigger during this time. There are, however, light settings that allow you to alter the sensitivity and duration of lights. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

OK, thank you. Is there a way to temporarily disable the light when I am outside at night doing things around the yard or deck?

3 Likes

I’ll join this thread, since I recently started a similar one.

The response to my thread was the same: there are settings in the app to control the lights.

I have scoured the app. There is no way to turn off the motion and subsequent light triggering when snooze is on.

I, too, am quite bothered by the constant turning on of the lights when I am trying to relax on my deck.

This is a deep programming flaw that the developers need to fix. Snooze means snooze the camera, not just the alerts!

There are several threads I am seeing expressing the same frustration with this flaw.

Ring! Do the right thing!

12 Likes

Thank you both for this feedback. As we value our neighbors feedback and experiences, I’ll be sure to share this with the team. The Community also has a Feature Request board for requests like this, which we continuously share with our teams for consideration. Feel free to add this and any other requests there, as well as interact and agree with any existing requests.

I am new to this.

Re: Flood light Cam

My interpretation of “snooze” is that for the time period thatI choose (30 minutes, etc) I will not receive motion notifications and the lights will not go on.

This does not seem to happen on my floodlight - I still get motion notifications and the lights are still triggered.

I have tried everything that I know to try to make it work but no go.

What am I missing here?

Yes that’s the issue as I experienced it too… sometimes it takes effect, sometimes it doesn’t, and sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes before it kicks in.

Hey neighbors! Wanted to chime in and follow up for you here. If you find that you have snoozed the motion notifications but are still seeing the lights coming on, please know that this is because your camera is likely still recording, but snoozing the notifications, and therefore it still turning on the lights with motion. The light should turn off as according to your Auto-Shutoff Timer under your Device Settings > Light Settings. There is not a way to have a snooze control for the lights at this time, which is why Marley recommended posting about it in the feature request board.

In the event you may have further concern of your device not behaving as it should, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I figured out how to get the snooze feature to work. I throw a towel over the whole &$&@“ thing. Thanks, Ring.

3 Likes

Motion Snooze will only snooze the notifications it sends you when it picks up motion. It says in its description, it will still record, but it won’t send you notifications. So, that means the lights will still go off and even though you have it snoozed. This is more an issue with improper labeling of features in the app, but in its defense, if you go to Motion Snooze, it says it will still record, which effectively means the motion gets detected and lights kick on, but no notification is sent.

I thought the same thing and got upset. What I ended up doing instead was using the different MODES. If I’m doing work outside in the camera range, I change it to DISARMED, then flip it back to HOME when I’m done.

You do have to setup the different MODES for what you want them to do, as by default everything is kicked on. I have Disarmed set to Live view ON and Motion Detection OFF. So, when I go to disarmed I can still do live view, but motion detection does NOT go off and does NOT send notifications. Snooze, is simply for notifications only.

1 Like

Adding the the list of frustrated users. Please submit this as feedback to the developers. Motion snooze is great for alerts, in fact I can appreciate continuing to record without sending my alerts when I’m in motion snooze. However, the use case for most of us is this device is in our backyard and many of us actually use our backyard/patios/decks. When we are entertaining guests and we have other nice lighting (or maybe we don’t want any lighting) the ability to snooze the floodlight itself would be great. I do however think the motion snooze and light snooze should be two separate options. The more flexibility the consumer has the better.

@Marley_Ring The OP stated he/she has a battery spotlight cam. Where are the light settings you mentioned other than simple ON/OFF with motion setting?

Found a work around: Add a Light Schedule for the time that you want the lights to stay off.

1 Like

It shouldn’t take setting up a schedule, but it alo worked for me. This should be easier.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.