cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snooze light on spotlight cam?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Snooze light on spotlight cam?

When I snooze spotlight cam (battery), the light still comes on if there is motion. Is there a way to tell it to snooze the light along with the motion alerts?
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Re: Snooze light on spotlight cam?

Hi @davemcp! The Snooze feature is specifically to prevent motion notifications for a time period that you would not like them. Motion will still record, and lights will still trigger during this time. There are, however, light settings that allow you to alter the sensitivity and duration of lights. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

OK, thank you.  Is there a way to temporarily disable the light when I am outside at night doing things around the yard or deck?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'll join this thread, since I recently started a similar one.

The response to my thread was the same: there are settings in the app to control the lights.

I have scoured the app. There is no way to turn off the motion and subsequent light triggering when snooze is on.

I, too, am quite bothered by the constant turning on of the lights when I am trying to relax on my deck. 

This is a deep programming flaw that the developers need to fix. Snooze means snooze the camera, not just the alerts!

There are several threads I am seeing expressing the same frustration with this flaw.

Ring! Do the right thing!

Highlighted
Community Moderator

Thank you both for this feedback. As we value our neighbors feedback and experiences, I'll be sure to share this with the team. The Community also has a Feature Request board for requests like this, which we continuously share with our teams for consideration. Feel free to add this and any other requests there, as well as interact and agree with any existing requests. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am new to this.

Re: Flood light Cam

My interpretation of "snooze" is that for the time period thatI choose (30 minutes, etc) I will not receive motion notifications and the lights will not go on.

This does not seem to happen on my floodlight - I still get motion notifications and the lights are still triggered.

I have tried everything that I know to try to make it work but no go.

What am I missing here?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yes that’s the issue as I experienced it too... sometimes it takes effect, sometimes it doesn’t, and sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes before it kicks in.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! Wanted to chime in and follow up for you here. If you find that you have snoozed the motion notifications but are still seeing the lights coming on, please know that this is because your camera is likely still recording, but snoozing the notifications, and therefore it still turning on the lights with motion. The light should turn off as according to your Auto-Shutoff Timer under your Device Settings > Light Settings. There is not a way to have a snooze control for the lights at this time, which is why Marley recommended posting about it in the feature request board. 

In the event you may have further concern of your device not behaving as it should, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We're taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.