Needed to temporarily disable motion alerts on spotlight cam. Through Snooze Alert feature on Iphone VI Ring app, set snooze time to 1 hour. The motion slider went to off state. This had no effect as motion alert notifications continued to appear on phone as well as chimes kept annunciating. My impression is that this is a software bug.
Hey @rdrew39! It sounds like you are operating this feature correctly. I recommend removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device to see if this improves operation. The Snooze feature is designed to prevent alerts for the designated time set. Please ensure, also, that your Cam's signal strength, or RSSI, is sufficient for these settings to take effect. If this concern persists, try reaching out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting.
Deleting/reinstalling the app (iOS) didn't solve my problem with alerts still coming through on other devices logged into the same Ring acct from my Spotlight Camera (wifi) when 'Motion Snooze' was enabled.
- app installed on two iOS devices and my Ring account is linked to Amazon Alexa devices
- Snooze enabled via one of the iOS (13) devices
- When the camera is trigged, the alert comes through the iOS (13) device which wasn't used to enable the Snooze and also through the Alexa devices.
- The alert didn't come through on the iOS device that was used to enable the Snooze
- The iOS device that wasn't used to enable the Snooze doesn't show that Snooze is enabled
- It seems the Snooze setting made on one device is not syncing with other devices logged into the same Ring acct
- I closed and opened the apps on the iOS devices multiple times in an attempt to force them to sync, but it made no difference - one iOS device showed Snooze being enabled but the other iOS device continued to show the Snooze disabled
Why is this issue happening ?
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, neighbors! The original post was in regards to the duration not saving and snooze not enabling when prompted. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app, as well as ensuring for optimal wifi and mobile device connection, should resolve this concern.
Regarding your observations that Snooze does not "sync" or reflect across all logged in devices, this is by design. When you activate the Snooze feature for a device, it will only do so for that specific mobile device. As we value all of our neighbor feedback, consider this shared with our teams here!