Snapshot Frequency Setting Not Available

Hi All!

I have just finished setting up my first Ring system with two battery operated spotlight cams and a wired video doorbell.

This artice on Ring’s webpage nicely explains how to set the snapshot frequency, and at the end of the articel even states this:

"What Ring devices have the snapshot capture frequency feature?

This feature will be available to all devices that support Snapshot Capture."

The problem is that I can’t find that “snapshot frequency” setting under video setting for of my devices. Calling support resulted in me re-installing the app on my phone, and then being told that this setting just isn’t available for me. Wow. :cry:

Has anybody else experienced this, and is there a solution? I would really like to increase the frequency for one of my cameras at a minimum.

Thanks for any help!!!

Snapshot frequency doesn’t show up for me either. None of my cameras/doorbells have that frequency option available.

Anybody else?

Is there an update coming?

Is this forum monitored by Ring support staff, and do they sometimes chime in?

Yes they monitor it. But it’s a weekend…

Is there a solution to this issue? Anybody else having this problem?

Anybody?

Does this mean there is no solution, and the Ring published document is just bogus information?

I am not very impressed with the customer service (or the lack thereof) at the moment …

You can call customer service. They should be able to help you.
Call Us
US: +1(800) 656-1918 (24/7)
US: +1(888) 981-8993 (Español - 24/7)
INTL: +1(310) 929-7085 (24/7)

As I had stated in my original post, I had called customer service before even posting here.

Customer service made me reinstall the app on my phone to fix the issue, of course that didn’t do anything. After that, CS just told me that this feature isn’t available for me then, and that was it. It was a waste of time.

Nope. no help. You think calling again might result in a different outcome?

I once saw this frequency setting pop up but have never seen it again. If they can’t help, it may just be something they were testing.

Then why this artice on Ring’s webpage which explains in nice detail how to use that feature?

Even states that the frequency feature is available for all devices that support the snapshot feature.

Frustrating.

@schildi wrote:

Then why this artice on Ring’s webpage which explains in nice detail how to use that feature?

Even states that the frequency feature is available for all devices that support the snapshot feature.

Frustrating.

I had it ask me to set it up once on my new pro doorbell. But it never worked and now it just says coming soon after I turn the feature on. My other devices were before the date cutoff and they said we would get it later form them. I think they had issues with this service and decided to hold back. I haven’t had time to look into it and I already have cams on my DVR that records 24/7. If customer service doesn’t know then they are not being told. I’ve seen this many times before. I’m patient to a point and then will start climbing ladders of support to get an answer. Social media is one place I’ve been able to many things resolved that a phone call couldn’t.