Snapshot Capture?

Hi, after yesterday’s app update, I now see the Snapshot Capture option available, but only in 2 of my 4 Ring cameras?

I have the Doorbell Pro, Wired Stickup v2, Wired Spotlight, and Floodlight cameras. The Snapshot option only shows in the Device Settings of the DB Pro and Spotlight, but not the Stickup or Flood?

Also, despite having enabled it yesterday afternoon, no snapshots have appeared yet in the timeline for either of the 2 cameras I enabled it on?

Hi

I have activated it on my Spotlight cam battery, i get snapshot on my timeline so it works, however i cannot see the option to activate it on my Video doorbell 2

What Ring devices have the snapshot capture feature?
Snapshot Capture is currently available on the following devices purchased on or after October 10, 2019:

Anders

Thanks. I actually searched Help on the site before posting, but didn’t find that list of cameras. Interesting that the option even appears on 2 of my 4 cameras as that list appears to be battery-only devices.

Maybe it’s not supposed to be availble to my devices yet?

Hopefully more cameras will be compatible going forward, mine should be compatible but still dont see the option.

More infor about the Snapshot feature here:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000194126-App-Feature-Instructions

It gets more interesting . . . a few days ago the snapshot feature appeared in my app, I turned it on for my cameras. Later I looked at how it works, pretty nice, the snapshots are shown between the recorded events in the timeline. Now, a few days later, the option has disappeared from my app, and the snapshots are gone. I think Ring is working out the bugs.

Hopefully it updates soon. I have 13 Ring Cameras, and only one has the snap shot feature. I love the feature, I would think it would it would be awesome to have it.

1 Like

I have 4 of the same cameras installed at my house but only one has snapshot capture…

Is there anyway to enable this feature on all my other cameras??

I do not appear to have the Snapshot Capture feature on either of my two cameras. Is this one of the features unavailable outside of the USA?

Hey neighbors. The snapshot capture feature is available on all Ring devices except the Stick Up Cam (3rd Generation), in which it soon will be as stated in our help center article. It’s always good to check for any Ring app updates to ensure you are using the latest version. If you feel that you should have the snapshot feature, check out the instructions in this help center article for steps on enabling the snapshot capture feature. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have two Stick Up Cam (3rd gen?) and I do not see the snapshot capture feature in the device settings. Is this now supported?

Hi @brentb. If you have a valid Ring Protect Plan subscription active, but you’re still not seeing the Snapshot Capture feature available, you can reach out to our support team so they can take a closer look. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.