Snapshot Capture cut off the beginning of all recorded videos

I’m very happy to report that this issue seems resolved now, at least for myself. Hopefully it’s also resolved for anyone else that experienced the issue.

Last Thurs, March 5th I enabled Snapshot for all cameras except my DB Pro. Friday, the 6th, after support confirmed my DB Pro firmware is up to date (despite showing firmware version 2.2.00097), I re-enabled Snapshot on my DB Pro. Snapshot is set for 1 minute intervals on all cameras.

Hopefully I’m not speaking too soon, but all is well. All recorded motion events are still 1:05 to 1:07 in length, and all play the pre-roll prior to the motion event starting.

When I wrote my original post, it only took about 3 days before the problems started on my DB Pro, and about 6 days on my (wired) Stickup Cam.

I was honestly surprised to get an email out of the blue from Ring, from over 2 months ago to follow-up on the issue. (I thought I was simply reporting the problem, and that was it) Thank you Ring for acknowledging this was a problem, following up with me, and correcting the issue!

1 Like