Shared User issues

I’ve installed the Doorbell Pro and Spotlight Cam Solar on the same house. When sharing with family members on the IOS app, the only one showing is the doorbell. Oddly enough, on one user name under Users tab it shows “all devices” next to name, but only the doorbell is listed when you click her name. I can’t find how to add the camera to the list of shared devices. Thanks for any help.

1 Like

My best suggestion would be to delete the user and add them again. Something seemed to have gone wrong in the provisioning. You can try calling support to see if there’s anything that they can do simply to correct it, but I would probably just delete and recreate the shared user that is having issues.

Hi @JM314, can you confirm that both the Doorbell Pro and Spotlight Cam Solar were both set up in the same account owner with the same email?

Also, I moved this post to the Ring App board so it is easier to find for others who may have the same concern.

1 Like

I too have set up my Doorbell Pro and Battery Spotlight Camera to the same user, same account and same email and the Doorbell shows up on the Dashboard and Devices but the Spotlight does not. This is on my desktop which has Windows and everything else works fine. I cannot find where to add the Camera nor can I find this in Ring help.

I hope someone solves this.

Same issue. I only see Alarm when I add a shared user and not my cameras. But when I click my name I see multiple options. I added the user through ring.com without an issue.

1 Like

I had this issue with iOS and trying to get my shared user access to my Spotlight Cams. I eventually figured out a workaround through the Ring website. After logging in, going to the Settings and Users, I saw that I had all the cameras listed under the device access list. I was able to check the box through the website and had my wife check on her iOS app to verify access.

Strange that the device access list on both iOS and Android Apps had the cameras missing but the website listed everything. Weird.

1 Like

Sorry to see you are experiencing this concern with shared users. @MJG , can you confirm this is still occurring in your Windows App? If so, any additional observations of symptoms and screenshots you can share are much appreciated.

The ring works excellenty for me and my one housemate.

My wife, however, has had troubles from the start. I deleted her first account, as suggested, and recreated it. She received an email saying she would be removed in 15-30 days (really?!?).

It worked for her for a week and then apparently the deletion of the first account kicked in because now she can’t even login to the app.

WHEN I TRY TO ACCESS USERS:

On the app, on my iPad or iPhone, after deleting and reinstalling the app, even with wi-fi turned off just using Verizon cellular as also siggested here - I get Error: We’re sorry, we couldn’t fetch this location’s users. Please try again later - I have gotten this for more than a week, you CAN’T mean later than that!

On the Website, going to Control Panel and then Shared Users, then my locatoin and Manage, I get the ring and a spinner, then back to the Control Center, or crashed page and immediately back to the Control Center.

My wife is the one who needs to feel secure when the res of us have to go out.

Please contact me or fix this immediately!

You have an exfellent product and you are choking on basic configuration issues.

Furious.

1 Like

Hey @igwanna. To get this sorted out, you will need to contact our support team directly, as we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

When looking to view a shared device, make sure you are on the correct Location in the Ring app. Resending the Shared User invite is also a great option. If there are no additional locations, please wait some time to see if the shared devices will appear.

Please ensure the device being shared is not in a light group. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: