Set a daily schedule for recording motion (as opposed to receiving motion notifications)

Hi

Firstly, I apologise if this has been asked before. I searched but couldn’t locate a similiar question!

I have a ring stick up camera. I would like to set a daily schedule to record motion only between certain hours of the day.

Obviously I am aware of the “motion schedule” feature but all this does is to disable motion notifications rather than disable recording motion between certain times. As the area has constant motion during the hours i do not wish to record, this means that the battery is drained by recording that motion and the event history is full of events during that time which are of no interest to me.

Effectively the camera is pointed on an area where there is constant motion during the daytime but there should be none at night. So, while it is great to use live view during the day just to check what is going on is as expected, i don’t want that recorded, but i want to be able to set it such that motion is recorded between given times, eg 9pm to 6am the following morning, every day, without needing to remember to go into the app daily and manually toggle the record motion button for this camera.

Any advice on how to achieve the outcome i want much appreciated.

Hi @Wayfarer5464. With the Modes feature you can turn your cameras on/off in the sense of turning them off from detecting motion, but Modes does not have a scheduling feature at this time. Although, this would be a great idea! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!