Sept.30 problem

Ring states they had a problem with their notifications today and that they had resolved the problem. I now find on my phone i can no longer change my audible ring notifications. (sounds). I have tried numerous different sounds, cleared out of the app and restarted it. i’ve deleted the app and reloaded it. I have rebooted the the ring device, cutting all power to the floodlight cam. Nothing helps. Am I the only one that is experiencing this? The sounds are all there, but all the it rings is the windchimes no matter what my selection is.

Hi @Gman192. Thank you for sharing details on what steps you’ve already tried. Since you’ve tried all of the troubleshooting steps I would have recommended for you, I’d suggest giving our support team a call so they can take a deeper look at this concern for you. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: