Security camera and lights

I need to be able to turn off the flood lights attached to my security cameras on occasions. The App only allows me to turn them off momentarily rather than for a longer period. Any suggestions as to how I can do this please?

Hi @Ronny ! How long are you hoping to turn your lights off? At this time, I believe it is for a shorter period of time, but let me know and I can find out more information for you!

Hi @Jennifer

I use a telescope for an hour occasionally in the evening and I need to turn off the lights for an hour at least so that it doesn’t disturb the scope. Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks

Ronny

Hey @Ronny. Chiming in for Jennifer here! At this time, you will only be able to turn it off for a short amount of time, based off of what you have set to be your Auto-Shutoff Timer. You can find this setting until the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Floodlight Camera > Device Settings > Light Settings > Motion Zones for Lights. From here you can make the shut-off timer shorter so that the lights are not staying on for as long, or change the zone coverage/sensitivity. Turning down the sensitivity may help avoid you being picked up when star gazing and such, and turning off a zone where you are at in accordance to your setup can help as well.

In all, I will make sure to have your feedback for a more of ease and permanent solution to be in mind for the future, and appreciate you coming to the Community with this. Lastly, as we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

Even if you had a SLEEP option to keep the light off for 1 hr to 4 hours would be good so we can enjoy the darkness of the back yard from time to time.

1 Like