Security cam wont capture motions normally

Hi, I’m new to the community. I just go my ring and a camera recently. I just got a new security cam and installed it in my backyard and it seemed to to be working normally at first (after an initial problem I reset it and then it worked fine) but now it won’t catch motions normally. For example, my dog was taken out three times today and it didn’t capture any motion once, when it did yesterday. It didnt capture any motion today at all! I went outside and tried to set it off myself it did capture that. The battery is charged and it is connected to the internet (the cam is less than 20ft from my router too) and it does have live view working correctly when I go into the app. The motion sensitivity is set to a higher rate than 50%. The Motions are all within 15 ft of the camera also. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Should I move my camera or is this a technical issue with my camera? Thanks for your help.

I have exactly the same problem. I can’t find a way to solve the issue

Ok, well is there a customer service agent I can speak with who may be able to help normally? I tried the chat which said troubleshooting is down.

Live chat never works either but costumer service is pretty good. I’m going to contact them tomorrow and ask about the issue I’m having.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community neighbors! We’re here to assist. The best first step is to check your recording history, to see if there are any motion events recorded. Missed motion can sometimes be caused by motion scheduling, snooze, or modes options that prevent notifications. Most time, when this is the case, there will be a video recorded but no notification.

If there is no video recorded and no motion notifications, please remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device. Next, double check all motion settings to ensure they are optimized for the detection you need. I recommend also confirming wifi and power resources are sufficient, by checking your device health in the Ring app. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I’ve done uninstall and reinstall with no change in result. Any ideas other than find a new vendor? Ring is randomly not detecting motion . Packages just “magically appear” at the door with no video other than the 5 minute captures showing the package suddenly there. Motion slider is set to the right.

Are you getting notifications for the motion at least? What is the RSSI signal? Ignore the negative sign and the lower the number the better. 40 or less is ideal.

1 Like