cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Cams Feature Request

New Neighbor II

Re: Security Cams Feature Request

@Marley_Ring if I could have done all powered version's I would have.  My one camera is about 30' away from a plug and my other is over 70' away from the nearest plug.  You do not make anything that has that long of a cord.  

My old Arlo camera used 4 123 batteries and they had some of the settings we are asking for.  This is the only large thing I am not happy with on the Ring Software.  Geofencing would be nice, but it is not a must.  

New Neighbor II

I made a feature request. We want the ability to enable advanced options so that we have more precise control over recording.
Community Manager

Hi @mackhax0r please take a look at our Community Guidelines at your earliest convenience. I highly encourage you to give our support team a call as they are able to offer guidance for some of the concerns you mentioned. Please remember, althought the Community has great tips and tricks, this is not a support channel and we encourage you to contact the team that is available 24/7 via phone, chat or email. 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
New Neighbor

Hi there!

I would like to make two suggestions for the ring spotlight cams or any other rings this may pertain to via the phone app.

My first suggestion would be to add a feature where we can actually set the exact time frame we would like the lights to come on when motion activated instead of just when it gets dark. For example, I don't want the lights to activate with motion starting at 9pm when it gets dark, but only between 1am-4am.

My second suggestion is a way to be able to select a day from a calendar or utilize a search option so you can refer back to previous dates recordings. It is so difficult to have to scroll back through so many days of recordings if you need to look back for something. For example, it's Saturday and your neighbor tells you that their car was accessed on the previous Tuesday night and you need to look back to see if your camera caught anything. 

I really like your ring product so keep up the good work. Thank you for considering our suggestions!

New Neighbor

In general I'm very satisfied with my two ring floodlight cams.

I miss a feature that is present in my two "Blink" cameras, and that is the possibility to disarm all cameras in the system with one click.  

At the moment with Ring I can disable motion notifications in the app but the system is still armed and my wife will continue to get the notifications unless she also switches them off in her app. This means that once I have three cameras and a ring doorbell installed, we shall have to block notifications 8 times every time one of us gets home: switching it off for cameras one by one, and on both mobile devices. A schedule is of little use to us as there is no fixed pattern to when we are at home. 

So my request is simple: as with the Blink cameras, one switch in the app that disarms the whole system for all users. 

New Neighbor

Much like the request in the post above, we have 1 x ring door bell and 3 x battery cams around the house and all work well. When we are all home I just want to turn off notifications (apart from an actual "ring" alert from the doorbell). A single all notiifications on / off would work, or even better geofence all the phones in the house so notifications stop when anyone is home?

New Neighbor II

I want the ability to reboot it remotely.

New Neighbor

Hi, I have the powered spotlight cam at the front of my house. In the mornings the sun is shinning at the front. When someone walks past, the sun casts a shadow of the person, which sets of the cameras. I am sure the clever developers at Ring must be able to code an algorithm for detecting shadows? I don’t want to compromise the alarm by reducing the area it detects.

Also in the Ring app when deleting the events, I don’t think you need to make the screen blank with the pop up message appears. Just make the pop up message appear over the top of the events. But this is very minor.
New Neighbor

The Ring Doorbell 2 is loaded with ring chimes, but there aren't so many for the basic Ring Chime doorbell.  I don't need the Ring Pro Doorbell Extender as I have good wifi coverage all over my house for all my cameras and doorbell. I want more ring tone options for the the model I have. 

New Neighbor

I just installed two wired floodlight came and would like to be able to control the lights through Alexa as I can control my other ring smart lights. It would also be nice if there could be separate motion settings for when the ring alarm is armed and disarmed.