Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Cams Feature Request

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Security Cams Feature Request

@littleebo356:

It is in Gen 2 Stick Up, but they pulled it from Gen 3 for some reason.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

@KrisB

Well thats annoying, its quite a handy tool too.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Indoor Cam Away mode

I would like for indoor cam to automatically record when alarm sounds.  This is without being forced to turn on live view whenever I leave my home.  Camera needs to be a mode choice just like motion detector is.  Is this possible?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I would love to see a feature where we could have 1 or more cameras on a constant display. I don't necessarily want it to constantly record (only if there is motion). Don't make it use data either. An app needs to access the camera directly over the local network. 

Now that you guys offer business packages, you need to offer features that businesses require. Having a camera that shows a constant feed is important for either exterior doors or live video inside.

Of course, this would only be availble on cameras that had a constant power connection instead of battery power.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Apple Secure Video and Homekit support, please!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I think what would be awesome is to have an option where the light schedule turns lights on and off according to your zone as well as sunrise/sunset schedule like my lights do for the fron of the house. Unlike now where you have to setup a time for on and off and then change it for different seasons.
Thanks, Mark.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Make the privacy zones feature on the security cam transparent like the motion detection zones on the ring doorbell so one can record/see what is happening there, just not alarm on it. (Or give an option to select between the two features). I don't want to alarm on every car that drives by, but if it stops and someone walks into and out of my monitored zone I would like to be able to identify the vehicle.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

The new home/away feature is a nice step but you have to always change it manually.

The ability to have them set via geolocation would be great.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I know you can zoom in motion on event history but ability to zoom in motion events in the timeline view would be great.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Distance adjustment needed for security camera

Here's a suggestion. Upon setting up my Ring doorbell, I found 3 zones for video detection that could be turned on and off as needed, as is the same with my newly installed security camera. HOWEVER, the doorbell goes a step further than the security camera by being able to adjust a slider in motion zones to avoid busy streets. Please update the security camera to do the same. I have a small condo patio on a busy street and the motion sensor is picking up traffic because I can't adjust the perimeter like I can the doorbell.  I'd like to see an improvement in your app to make it easier to adjust for folks like me with small areas.