cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Cams Feature Request

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Security Cams Feature Request

I am not requesting this feature for battery life concerns, but for security monitoring purposes.

I don’t need to get a notifications of motion in my side yard constantly when I am home and my dog is running around outside.

When I am away or in the middle of the night, I want to receive notifications for any motion.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

[This is cross posted on another similar topic] Request is to add software/ firmware control improvements to dual battery configurations. I'd like to be able to control which battery is primary or choose to discharge them in parallel. Being able to extend recording duration or get better quality with dual battery would also be useful.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Just to add another voice requesting the ability to tie my cameras to the Ring Alarm.  It would be great to have the cameras optionally behave just like the other sensors in the alarm system.  In other words, let me set the state of the camera based upon alarm system state.  In the case of the cameras, it would need to include the ability to turn off the camera based on system state as well.

Limiting motion recording for 30 seconds should be configurable too.

And finally, having devices optinally sound their alarm when the siren goes off is a great idea.

This is a good system.  Please keep making it better!

Highlighted
Neighbor II

There is supposedly a new feature coming called Modes. It will allow you to set the cameras to the alarm modes. Like Home you can turn off the inside cams but keep your outside ones on. The good thing is Ring does seem to listen and frequently has new things come out.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Noted
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Modes sounds ideal for those of us with the Ring security system but the ring cameras themselves need the ability to be scheduled to record (or surpress recording) independently.  Ring provided the feature to surpress alerts based on a 24x7 schedule, but motion recording is manually on or off.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Would like to see updates to firmware for the new stick up cameras so they record like the Ring doorbell pro and the new indoor mini cam.   When I view the recordings from my two indoor cameras and doorbell pro, I noticed 3 to 5 seconds of recording before the movement triggered the cameras.  I like this feature because you don't miss what triggered the cameras.   All 5 of my new stick up cameras don't do this.   They begin recording once triggered and most times, unless the movement stays in front of the camera, what ever triggered the camera has already moved out of view.   Can the stick up cameras be updated to also show 3 to 5 seconds prior to what actually triggered the cameras, so nothing gets missed.   Thanks. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'd like to see the spotligh cams hav a dim mode when the sun goes down, and full brightess upon motion.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I’d love to see that in their regular floodlight cams as well. For those of us that want some light all night the current light is too bright and no way to dim it it or change the bulb. I guess one could wire a new socket on but that would definitely void the warranty. We shouldn’t have to have two light fixtures to have dusk to dawn and the ability to change the brightness. That ring floodlight looks like a blinding spotlight in your eyes.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I would love some more App Alert Tones.  I see there is one that says 'Motion at Backyard',  but I'd like some that are 'Motion at Garage', 'Motion at Front Yard' or even custom alerts you can record yourself.