cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Cams Feature Request

Highlighted
Community Manager

Security Cams Feature Request

Hi neighbors! At Ring, we take feedback and feature request very seriously. That's why we're creating this special post, where you can share any wish list items you'd like to go with your current Ring device. We'll keep this post pinned to the top of the Security Cam board so you can easily access it.  Be sure to do a quick search and see if your item is already on the list to avoid duplicates. If it is, go ahead and give it a 'kudo' so we know that is what you want too! 

Please note, that anything you disclose to us by commenting on this post will be the property of Ring. Please see our Terms of Service for more information. We look forward to hearing your feature requests! 
Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
130 REPLIES 130
New Neighbor II

Re: Security Cams Feature Request

1) I would like the ability to have an audible alarm sound during certain times. For instances, I have one watching where I park. From midnight to 5 AM I would like the alarm to sound anytime it detects someone. We have a lot of vehicle break ins around my area and my old system did this.

2) Include a thumbnail clip of the motion on the alert when receiving notifications

3) Ability to see what triggered the motion by putting a box around the motion or some other method. This would also help in adjusting the system sensativity and motion zones.

Converted from Iris. Currently have a ring alarm, doorbell, wired spotlight cam, and waiting on the new ring lighting!
New Neighbor II

Sound siren on all (or selected) cams when siren on alarm is activated

And +1 on the above 3 points

New Neighbor

I would like to be able to turn on my floodlight cam with Alexa.  My dogs need to go out after dark and I would like to turn on the light before I open the door.  I know I can do that with the app, but it would be much easier to just tell Alexa to turn on the light especially in the middle of the night.  I know Alexa can turn on some Ring lights, but I have not found a way to do it with the floodlight cam specifically.

New Neighbor

Be able to turn off the motion sensors as per a schedule. 

We are using our spotlight cam in our front office area and would like to be able to disable it during certain days and times.

New Neighbor II

@thptrek wrote:

Be able to turn off the motion sensors as per a schedule. 

We are using our spotlight cam in our front office area and would like to be able to disable it during certain days and times.

This feature is already availible, just go to motion settings in the camera youd like a schedule, and one of the options should be motion schedule. Good luck!

New Neighbor

The motion schedule just seems to disable the alerts. The camera is still picking up motion and logging history events. This causes the camera to still be active and runs the battery down real quick.

New Neighbor II

@thptrek wrote:

The motion schedule just seems to disable the alerts. The camera is still picking up motion and logging history events. This causes the camera to still be active and runs the battery down real quick.

Ah, forgive me, i misundersood. This is a very good point.

New Neighbor II

All of this. Plus, on Solar Cameras, make the 30 second video keep recording if motion continues to be detected. The 30 seconds is a joke. I'd rather have a dead battery than miss someone breaking into my house. 

New Neighbor

Hi mackhax0r,  have you set the Motion Frequecy to “frequent”? This will help reduce the cooldown/gap between motion triggered videos to the minimum.