Security Cams Feature Request

Noted

1 Like

Modes sounds ideal for those of us with the Ring security system but the ring cameras themselves need the ability to be scheduled to record (or surpress recording) independently. Ring provided the feature to surpress alerts based on a 24x7 schedule, but motion recording is manually on or off.

Would like to see updates to firmware for the new stick up cameras so they record like the Ring doorbell pro and the new indoor mini cam. When I view the recordings from my two indoor cameras and doorbell pro, I noticed 3 to 5 seconds of recording before the movement triggered the cameras. I like this feature because you don’t miss what triggered the cameras. All 5 of my new stick up cameras don’t do this. They begin recording once triggered and most times, unless the movement stays in front of the camera, what ever triggered the camera has already moved out of view. Can the stick up cameras be updated to also show 3 to 5 seconds prior to what actually triggered the cameras, so nothing gets missed. Thanks.

1 Like

I’d like to see the spotligh cams hav a dim mode when the sun goes down, and full brightess upon motion.

2 Likes

I’d love to see that in their regular floodlight cams as well. For those of us that want some light all night the current light is too bright and no way to dim it it or change the bulb. I guess one could wire a new socket on but that would definitely void the warranty. We shouldn’t have to have two light fixtures to have dusk to dawn and the ability to change the brightness. That ring floodlight looks like a blinding spotlight in your eyes.

I would love some more App Alert Tones. I see there is one that says ‘Motion at Backyard’ , but I’d like some that are ’ Motion at Garage’, ’ Motion at Front Yard’ or even custom alerts you can record yourself.

1 Like

Hello everyone

I have recently received some “stick it up battery camera” for use in a building with several residents and they are great. I find that the following characteristics would be very useful:

1. That the options for not sending alerts configured by the owner user are extensive for all guest users (today guests receive alerts all the time)
  2. That in the same way you can configure periods and options to not record or show live. (When a camera is installed indoors for private use, it is intrusive that it always records and that guest users can always access)
  3. That recording area and alert area can be configured separately (it is interesting for us to record each movement, but to send alerts only if there is any intrusion)
  4. That the sensitivity of the sensor has some scale to understand what the adjustment level implies.

Thank you! Regards!

2 Likes

Local storeage with cloud syncing. Give us an option to buy some kind of local storage, that will do some video processing and storage, with a cloud sync or backup. A box with a power cable, eithernet port and some kind of raid level. This would do a few things,

It would provide speed locally to users with poor bandwidth that could be synced over time when there is not motion
It would also provide storage during an outage.

It would still protect against the theft of the storage.

it would also protect the consumer when there is communication issues to Ring or system issues.

2 Likes

Ability to disable the blue light.

4 Likes

Low battery notifications in the Ring app for the stick-up cameras.

Or maybe allow IFTTT to gather that info so I can create the notification alert.

1 Like

I think it would be helpful and deter people from damaging/stealing if the spotlight and ring alarm actually made an announcement or sound to alert them immediately. Ex: “you are being recorded” or a sound not the siren right away but “you are on camera” this way they know and potentially may walk away.

3 Likes

THIS! They have a motion schedule which only disables alerts. Why not have a recording schedule as well? I want my camera to only record if there is motion and I’m not home(like if a burglar breaks in), not when I’m at home with my kids walking around.

2 Likes

Stick Up Cam…there is a motion schedule. Why not a recording schedule? My camera is in a high traffic area in my home. I only want it recording when I’m not home. When I get home with the kids, I don’t want it recording as it would use a LOT of WiFi data. This camera is in the living room. Only solution I’ve found is to remember to toggle on recording when I leave for work and toggle it off when I get home. I’ve forgotten to toggle it off a few times and it has recorded literally hours. Simple solution is to have recording as an option in the schedule.

3 Likes

I would like to be able to have a one-button feature to activate motion notifications on all selected cameras at once and the same feature to deactivate motion notifications on those selected cameras. Something like putting them in a group. Unless I am missing something in the software, I must go from camera to camera and bring up each individual setting to activate or deactivate motion alerts.

1 Like

You can “snooze” notifications on all cameras at one time. Click on the moon in the top right of the app.

I do agree that having groups like rooms would be helpful. Put my outdoor cameras in a group, etc…

1 Like

the ability to play a recorded message just before the recording stops, similar to a default voicemail message. As an example, when I can’t get to the phone right away, because I’m not at home/driving, etc…, it would be nice to inform the person at the door “sorry I can’t come to the door right now”… However, if I take control of the camera before the recording ends, then don’t play the default message (similar to answering the phone). That way anyone coming to the door will leave after the first 30 second notification. I would just turn this feature on when I leave home or don’t want to be bothered, in effect, putting it in an auto answer mode.

2 Likes

I’d like to request the ability to see when my Spotlight Cam Battery was last charged to 100% or when the camera itself was offline. We are waiting on our secondary battery, but didn’t make a note of when we last charged the one we have. It would help us gauge if the battery is getting excessively drained at any point in time or when it’s time to order a new battery. I don’t think I can find this information anywhere in my app or in the activity history.

I’d also like to piggy back off a few other requests, and request that when motion is snoozed for x amount of time, either do not record events at all, or at least do not initiate the spotlight if motion is detected and the time is within the spotlight schedule. I sit outside where the camera is, and while I don’t mind snoozing the notificactions for a while, it is a burden to constantly be blinded with the light anytime I stand up or cause a bit of motion.

Ring Spotlight Cam Wired - power cable detachable

Request to have Spotlight Cam Wired power cable detachable so the wire can be go through the garage drill hole? Otherwise, folks have to take everything apart.

Thanks.

3 Likes

@Marley_Ring

Is there an update on a Ring API that will allow me to turn the Floodlight on/off outside of the Ring app?

In this thread, new users are starting to post having issues with the Light Schedule:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Security-Cams/Light-Schedule-on-Pause/m-p/994

I am currently not experiencing an issue but if the problem is re-surfacing, an API would solve the issue for me.

I’d like a feature to be able to have a different schedule for different motion zones especially for my floodlight cam. For the zone immediately next to my house, I would like motion alerts 24/7. However, for motion alerts at the street, I would only like motion alerts during sleeping hours to catch people checking cars at 3-4am. Naturally, I’d like to have no motion alerts in the street during waking hours. Currently, I can only schedule all my zones to send motion alerts together and not separately.

4 Likes