Security Cams Feature Request

Indoor Stick Up Cam has rotate video funtion,I wounder why outdoor Stick Up Cam don’t have this function,if they don’t have this function why they have Ceiling Mounts option for outdoor stickup cam???

need rotate.JPG

+1 for adding the ability to see what triggered motion!!

6 Likes

Hello, I have the Ring Flood Light Cam and would like to see a feature where you could adjust the brightness of the LED light as there are times when you dont need the light to be that bright.

It would also be nice if Ring could put the ability to change the color of the LED’s via the Ring app. This would allow the customer to change the color of the light depending on the current situation. Christmas (Red, Green, etc) and summer time when the bright white light would attract insects (change to yellow or another color that doesnt attract insects).

It would be wonderful if the App could use the location of the phone to turn off motion alerts instead of manual intervention

2 Likes

It would be nice if there was an option to get the flood light lights in 5000° Kelvin (Daylight color).

I don’t know what color of light the lights are on the spotlight cams, but if they’re not in 5000° Kelvin (Daylight Color), it would be nice if that was an avaiable option for them as well.

1 Like

Dual powered outdoor camera

Have a solar panel connected and AC power. Defaults to Solar unless it doesn’t have enough power and then pulls from AC.

I live in Minnesota where the winters can really drain batteries and solar can be scarce at times. But would love to use solar when it’s available.

Enhancement request: Many competitor cameras have a 30 second look back feature from when the camera detects motion.

4 Likes

Please tighten up the camera sensitivity/motion detection. I have all my cameras set on people only which is the lowest sensititity and all day long I get notifications from neighborhood dogs or cats. It is just a matter of time until I snooze a true notification thinking it is a animal.

Other camera brands (will not mention any names) will distinguish between people, cars, and animals so you can turn on and off the notifications you want.

4 Likes

I have the same problem (which I commented on). As you said other cameras allow for this customization. Basically, I don’t want to be alerted when something the size of a bread box walks in view of the camera (to include hornets in front of the lens). I have the spotlight camera and it only allows reducing sensitivity, but I don’t think this is the same as eliminating entire classes of motion (small animals, cars, trucks, flowers, trees etc). All of which should result in an entirely different signature when it comes to motion detection. Personally, I only want to know when a person is in field of view.

Motion detection zones with different properties -

My use case would be -

Detection zone 1 - record and send notification (within garden area)

Detection zone 2 - record without sending notification (footpath in front of garden area)

This would enable me to capture people passing (we have had some damage to cars parked outside) but not get notifications everytime somebody walks past.

5 Likes

I don’t have one yet so I don’t know the features… but I do know that I love my doorbells and the only thing that is preventing me from buying the cam is the fact that they must be plugged in. I wish they could be battery operated like the doorbells!!! At least offer one that is available with a battery for those of us who don’t want cords running along the walls!!!

1 Like

There is a model that is battery-operated. I own 2. Love them.

2 Likes

They have stick up cams and spotlight cams that are battery. They have been out for a couple years now.

3 Likes
  1. The ability to have the cameras and motion sensors be atuned to your location data on your phone thru the ring app etc like Nest does with their cameras. I would like to be able to have some of my cameras remain on and watching for motion while keeping others off like the ones inside my home. Setting them up with just a turn on/off motion during these times of the day/week is not sufficient enough. I don’t want to have to go into the app to do this every time I come home. I want it to occur automatically.
3 Likes

I just installed a pair of new Indoor Cams; found that the power cord is rather short.

One Cam replaced a Nest Indoor cam; the Nest cam had a power cord about 10 feet long, but the Ring Indoor Cam is only about 6 feet, so it was difficult to locate the Ring Cam in the same place using the stock power cord (I was able to use the Nest power cord to reach the same location).

Another Indoor Cam placed in the garage needed an extension cord to be able to reach to a location to “see” above vehicles.

2 Likes

Setting to turn on camera motion notifications only when Ring security system is armed (stay or away)

2 Likes

I am not requesting this feature for battery life concerns, but for security monitoring purposes.

I don’t need to get a notifications of motion in my side yard constantly when I am home and my dog is running around outside.

When I am away or in the middle of the night, I want to receive notifications for any motion.

[This is cross posted on another similar topic] Request is to add software/ firmware control improvements to dual battery configurations. I’d like to be able to control which battery is primary or choose to discharge them in parallel. Being able to extend recording duration or get better quality with dual battery would also be useful.

Just to add another voice requesting the ability to tie my cameras to the Ring Alarm. It would be great to have the cameras optionally behave just like the other sensors in the alarm system. In other words, let me set the state of the camera based upon alarm system state. In the case of the cameras, it would need to include the ability to turn off the camera based on system state as well.

Limiting motion recording for 30 seconds should be configurable too.

And finally, having devices optinally sound their alarm when the siren goes off is a great idea.

This is a good system. Please keep making it better!

There is supposedly a new feature coming called Modes. It will allow you to set the cameras to the alarm modes. Like Home you can turn off the inside cams but keep your outside ones on. The good thing is Ring does seem to listen and frequently has new things come out.

5 Likes