Security Cams Feature Request

It would be nice if I could turn a camera off and not have the blue and red lights on. Such would be the case when I am home sleeping. The blue light wakes me up if my wife or the dog get out of bed and trigger the camera. Perhaps you could have a sleep mode.

Thanks!

1 Like

A simple slide switch is needed on the Ring app to temporarily disable motion recording by the Ring Spotlight Cam. The current method of doing this via Motion Settings-Motion Zones is inconvenient and not at all user friendly.

5 Likes

Standardize the Ring app user interface between the Ring Spotlight Cam Wired and Ring Spotlight Cam Battery.

Anyone in development thought about taking indoor cam and putting suction cup mount over the lense? Would be perfect for putting on interior of windows to eliminate glare. Also, I have older Logitech cam that I mounted on my 215 gallon aquarium located in basement, would be perfect for monitoring fish etc

I would like to request that the lighting schedule be automatically controlled by sunrise and sunset times based on location. I hate having to adjust the times periodically as the seasons change. I like my light to turn on and off everyday when it is dark. Sometimes I don’t immediately realize that I need to adjust the time and I will have periods where the light is not on when it’s dark outside. I have some other automatic light switches in my house that have this option and the Philips Hue app also does this. Thank you for the consideration.

2 Likes

There should be a light schedule option to turn on lights at sunset based on location?

I was coming here to also suggest a chirp. Especially if you could set it to occur specifically at night. It seems like it would be the perfect way to get an approachers attention, make them look directly at the camera, and most likely go away.

6 Likes

I just entered this community today and like to say hello to all of you.

I’ve already read some topics concerning the spotlight cam recording feature but I’d like to add a new one.

Since my cam watches my backyard and I very frequently go in and out per day, it makes an overload of unnessesary movies and motion alarms. I know motion can be turned of, but recordings can not.

So what I need, and probably much more neighbours, is an extra swipe button in the app, just like the one for lights, ring and motion alerts, that turns off the recordings (or the recordings ánd the motions).That new feature would save a lot of battery power.

Would you please consider to make such a button?

4 Likes

I would love a thumbnail/snapshot along with an alert on all mobile notifications.
I don’t like going into the app and waiting for it to load just to discover that the trees were blowing or one of my [grown] kids is walking to the front door.

8 Likes

I have literally given up and disabled notifications entirely. It’s pathetic how useless notifications are.

Add a toggle to the Motion Scehdule rule to also disable recording. Currently the schedule rule only disables motion alerts.

7 Likes

The ability to disable recording has been a popular feature request from many neighbors. We’re happy to announce an upcoming feature called Modes gives users the option to control all their devices based on a ‘home’, ‘away’, or ‘disarmed’ mode, including the ability to disable recording.

@longbody I’ve moved your post over to this board with all the other great requests, so it can be included when we share these with the team. Check out ourCommunity post about Modes to learn more :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I would love to be able to schedule motion sensativity as well. My cam is set up in my driveway and I want to set a schedule where I can have motion sensors on max at night, and on medium or low during the day when cars, and people are going by. Have tons of video each day unless I manually turn it down.

4 Likes

I also get hits all night long because of cats. I have a long verandah on the front of my house with the door in the middle. Cats continuously walk past the video camera triggering alerts, lights, recording, etc. I used to program for a living and it wouldn’t be too hard to differentiate motion coming from something the size of a bread box (cat, etc), versus a human. As a result I have all my alerts scheduled off at night, which defeats the purpose of having a security camera. Because of this alone I find it hard to recommend the Ring system to anyone who has animals/critters prowling around at night.

1 Like

Is there a plan to add ‘rotate video’ for the 3rd generation stick up plug-in camera so they can be mounted upside down on an external roof eave?

1 Like

This feature would not be useful for the way I use my ring alarm system. What I need, and I believe would be useful, is adding a toggle to the Motion Scehdule rule to also disable recording.

What you have described is motion notifications. What we need is the ability to schedule when the camera detects motion.

This should be a must have feature. I am part of a Resident’s Group with a battery operated camera. We need detection overnight and not during the day when there are over 200 detections which drain the battery and add unnecessary data to your servers. Therefore we need a schedule for motion detection asap.

A buffer to record a few seconds before motion triggers an event would be nice. I’ve been troubleshooting some motion zones recently and if anything goes through the zone quickly the camera misses it and I just catch the backside leaving. I dont want to turn up the sensitivity too much and get lots of false epositives. But maybe if the camera started recording at the highest sensitivity then discarded if it didnt reach my preset medium sensitivity.

3 Likes

Indoor Stick Up Cam has rotate video funtion,I wounder why outdoor Stick Up Cam don’t have this function,if they don’t have this function why they have Ceiling Mounts option for outdoor stickup cam???

need rotate.JPG