Security Cams Feature Request

I, along with a host of other Ring customers, would love to see the ability to “name” a device, and have the verbal alert in the app be able to use that name or perhaps just add a far more robust list of pre-programmed alert names to differentiate devices. For example, I have 3 separate Battery/Solar powered Spotlight cams at different points on my property, but when alerted of motion, the app does not give me the specific location, which is kind of important if someone is trying to break in. Instead, it just states motion detected by Spotlight Cam or something lime that…yet, via Alexa integration, my Echo Device will state the actual name I programmed for a particular camera. The last thing you want to do is fumble with the app trying to go through 7 different cameras before acting. I know you can play different sounds to identify which device, but it would be much more helpful to add 20 specific name choices like: Front Porch Cam, Side Yard Cam, Back Yard Cam, Pool Cam, etc.

Also, when viewing the dashboard, I’ve noticed that only the hard-wired cameras update more frequently, whereas you must update the battery-operated cameras manually by entering them. Ring should add a global refresh button to the dashboard so a person can monitor ALL in real time, at will. I understand the battery life issue for those without the solar panel, but with the solar panel, my battery barely moves off of 100%, so I feel confident that my devices could support my request. Even just offering the option would be a huge help.

Please consider a refresh button next to the global system snooze button. Ideally, one could designate how often to refresh the cameras in the settings. Would be great to have a real-time dashboard viewing option for the entire system too.

1 Like