Security Cams Feature Request

Not connecting to go live

I want to be able to activate different motion detect zones for day and late night.

Example during the day my motion detect zone is only door to my house since i dont want it to trigger as people walk by my sidewalk.

At night I want to activate another motion detect zone that goes far away and detects people walking on the sidewalk. In our area there are lots of 2am car thefts going on.

Nobody is walking outside then except criminals.

I want to active this zone at night maybe after 1am when only criminals are outside.

Today you allow mulitple zones but they can’t be setup differently.

Please offer higher resolution security cameras that can read License Plates. While your current cameras are helpful in capturing crime in action, oftentimes the footage is not enough evidence for police to chase the crime. Such is the case in a big city that I live in, where sprees of car break-ins and “porch pirates” run amuck. Without a clear picture of the license plate, most cases are cold.

1 Like

I would expect it wouldn’t take ring much to make this possible, we already have the schedule for complete motion detection notifications and also the floodlight being able to have its own on/off timer. surely it would be a fairly simple software/app update to make this happen. please ring get this done asap, its pointless having three zones that activate no matter what time it is. I just want to be able to have my van/alleyway motion zone covered overnight and even possibly the fuction to have different tones for different zones would also be great :wink:

@littleebo356:

It is in Gen 2 Stick Up, but they pulled it from Gen 3 for some reason.

I would like for indoor cam to automatically record when alarm sounds. This is without being forced to turn on live view whenever I leave my home. Camera needs to be a mode choice just like motion detector is. Is this possible?

I would love to see a feature where we could have 1 or more cameras on a constant display. I don’t necessarily want it to constantly record (only if there is motion). Don’t make it use data either. An app needs to access the camera directly over the local network.

Now that you guys offer business packages, you need to offer features that businesses require. Having a camera that shows a constant feed is important for either exterior doors or live video inside.

Of course, this would only be availble on cameras that had a constant power connection instead of battery power.

Apple Secure Video and Homekit support, please!

I think what would be awesome is to have an option where the light schedule turns lights on and off according to your zone as well as sunrise/sunset schedule like my lights do for the fron of the house. Unlike now where you have to setup a time for on and off and then change it for different seasons.
Thanks, Mark.

Make the privacy zones feature on the security cam transparent like the motion detection zones on the ring doorbell so one can record/see what is happening there, just not alarm on it. (Or give an option to select between the two features). I don’t want to alarm on every car that drives by, but if it stops and someone walks into and out of my monitored zone I would like to be able to identify the vehicle.

The new home/away feature is a nice step but you have to always change it manually.

The ability to have them set via geolocation would be great.

I know you can zoom in motion on event history but ability to zoom in motion events in the timeline view would be great.

Here’s a suggestion. Upon setting up my Ring doorbell, I found 3 zones for video detection that could be turned on and off as needed, as is the same with my newly installed security camera. HOWEVER, the doorbell goes a step further than the security camera by being able to adjust a slider in motion zones to avoid busy streets. Please update the security camera to do the same. I have a small condo patio on a busy street and the motion sensor is picking up traffic because I can’t adjust the perimeter like I can the doorbell. I’d like to see an improvement in your app to make it easier to adjust for folks like me with small areas.

1 Like

I would love to be able to control what times the motion-detecting lights turn on.

I currently have it set to receive motion alerts from 5PM to 6AM but I’d only want the motion-detecting lights to turn on between a certain time within that time frame.

I have older generation stuck up cams in black and want to take advantage of the new stick up cams. Is there a plan to provide these in black? Currently they are white only.

I often times face the problem of looking back at the video to determine what caused the camera to trigger the alerts/recordings. It would be nice to have a feature that shows the area in red bounding box like heads up displays in cars or even computer vision technologies identitifying things in real-time. That way I can then “train” the camera to better detect those objects in the future.

There should be a way to completely auto disable indoor (and outdoor) cams when the alarm is disabled. At the very least disable the notification when the alarm is off.

Just like a motion detector on every alarm in the world is disabled when the alarm is turned off. I know you can snooze it, I know you can schedule it, this is not what I am asking for.

On my last alarm system when I come in the door, disable the alarm, all notifications were also disabled. I could choose which ones I wanted disabled as well. This is the most convient way to manage the alarm system. This way myself, my family and my dogs arent constantly setting off the notifications. Because we have mulitple devices that manage the alarm system, without this feature people who are not at home have to snooze the alerts.

Adding a feature to automatically disable notifications when the alarm is disabled would make this one of the best systems out there.

Please change record length to equal actual motion sensing length. Have user settable to stop recording after x seconds of no motion detected.

eg. if it takes 2 min to come up driveway and person to get out of car walk up to door then record 2 min. If it takes 20 sec to drive up and person talks on phone for 30 sec and then gets out then record 20sec. Then new recording upon new motion for 30 sec.

3 Likes

I would like the ability to disable selected indoor cam when the alarm is on ‘Disarm’ mode. Right now these cameras pick up motion in all modes.

Hi,

I would like to be able to have the cam ignore items smaller than a cat/dog, so the alarm doesn’t go off all the time, and it would save a lot of battery as well.

1 Like