Security Cams Feature Request

Please at least let us decide how much recording time is enough! A mandatory 20 sec cutoff makes me not even want to subscribe to the service since it’s useless. It doesn’t even restart recording until a long pause, by then the perp has already completed what they wanted to do. I’m sure they are aware of this video cutoff time and use it to their advantage knowing that we cannot customize it. This has got to change. Even if you let us set the cutoff time up to 3 minutes or so realizing that it will compromise battery time. Please give us the choice so this is not a useless device!

4 Likes

Hi

Well over a year ago, when there was a major update of the app for Battery Spotlight cams, there was a notification that a future upgrade in 2019 would include the ability to set sensitivity for the cameras to only report on people-sized movements. That upgrade does not appear to have materialised but would be great if it did.

Thanks

1 Like

I have asked about this option as well as I have heard of other instances of the siren blaring without using the app. Curious, how did your guests turn it off? My camera (HD Mount model) is hard-wired so I’m thinking if I can’t turn it off via the app I’d need to go to my electric panel. Thinking of replacing it for this exact reason.

I agree, continuous recording while motion is detected would be ideal. I have my motion frequency set to “frequent” but that doesn’t prevent it from only recording in 30 second clips.

4 Likes

Fix the dam app

Works fine for me.

The “full” Ring app is a little slow to open alerts, but Rapid Ring does a fine job of that…

Please add the capability to have cameras automatically alert, via voice, that they are trespassing and being recorded anytime the motion sensor is activated. Please leave the premises immediately. This should be repeated multiple times when motion is detected and have the capability to be set off manually. This should be an option on every camera that you can turn on and off.

Would also like the ability to have cameras record 24/7, non stop

1 Like

When sharing there really needs to be a co-owner role. Common scenario is a husband and wife - doesn’t make sense for one of them to have less functionality.

Sharing an email address/account doesn’t really work because of Two Factor Auth and it is inherently insecure. This really needs to be addressed.

Another request would be that you fix the issue with the Spotlight Battery Cams fogging up. There are pages and pages elsewhere on these fora, yet you say that the solution is just to use anti-fog solution. As those many pages of customer complaints tell you - that does not work.

If you cannot fix the design, perhaps you could design an accessory like a heated band or a small housing or a cover ( not the silicone ones - they don’t work either). Maybe a very modest heating system could be provided - maybe even powered by a Ring battery! just please provide something to allow those of us afflicted by this problem to use our cameras when they really matter ( as in dark, miserable nights). It cannot be beyond the wit of your or a partner’s tech team, and who knows you might even end up making money from a serious flaw!

Thank you

1 Like

I know I can turn of motion alerts with a motion schedule. But I would like to see the ability to change motion sensitivity via a schedule For example; Set sensitivity to all motion at 10PM and the lower sensitivity at 6:00AM.

3 Likes

Outdoor Stick up Camera Gen II Hardening

I just added a Stick up Camera Generation 2 (wired) outside and I think the connections need to be “hardened” for outdoor use. The only “outdoor” thing Ring provides is a different power cord but I think they should also provide:

– A different “cover” for the back that is sealed and only let’s the power/network cables in. The existing cover has a HUGE opening for bugs, weather, etc. A simple rubber grommet over the open might do it too.

– A “rubber top” to put over the top of the camera allowing a better “top” seal over the device. I’m sure rain and snow will take it’s toll on the top otherwise.

1 Like

It would be great if you would come out with an DVR that I could plug into my router, and that would allow for 24 hour recording, at least of my powered cameras.

Add feature to all cameras to set up alerts for individual zones.

For example, if I set two zones up on my camera, one watching my street and one on my walkway leading to my front door, I want to be able to get notified by the relevant zone.

I think it would be ideal to be able to record all activity without alerts but be able to see the important alerts from the same camera.

1 Like

In my neighborhood, car break-ins and thefts are rising. They tend to occur between 12am and 5am. They also tend to hit multiple houses within geographic proximity, as the thieves walk from house to house. It would be great if your servers could set Trend Alerts, where if multiple camera’s motion sensors are being triggered within a neighborhood, within certain hours (say, 12am - 5am), it is shared with users in the affected neighborhoods and the local law enforcement. This would enable users and law enforcement to respond as the incidents are occurring in near real-time.

1 Like

Any plans for a hidden camera? I think my roommate is stealing from me and I want to validate by putting a hidden camera in my bedroom.

1 Like

They sell on Amazon a bunch of hidden cameras for low prices if needed now.

Please add a select all/select multiple for deleting recordings. Having to select each one to delete when I just want to delete them all is a pain.

1 Like

@Dude wrote:

Please add a select all/select multiple for deleting recordings. Having to select each one to delete when I just want to delete them all is a pain.

This is already possible. On Android, long press on a video and in the upper right hand corner there is a “…” that has a Delete All. It’s also possible to do this on the Ring.com website and Windows 10 app. I don’t have iOS but I’m sure there is an affordance for this there too.

This feature only supports scheduling Motion Alerts, not motion detection itself. (Referring to settings from a stick up cam battery).