Security Cams Feature Request

I have the spotlight cam and would like the same option. The ability to schedule when the spotlight can be triggered. I purposely set up my landscape lighting at the front of my house so that the entire area including the front door is subtly lit when the landscape lights are on. During that time I don’t need the spotlight to come on when someone comes to the door, but when the landscape lighting goes off (e.g. 11:45 pm), that’s when I would arm the spot light to react to motion (until sunrise), but I wouldn’t expect much activity at the front door overnight.

Would love a longer power cord for the wired Indoor Camera. I want to put one up high in a room with 12 foot ceilings. The included cord is not anywhere near long enough to reach the nearest outlet and so I have to choose between awkwardly using extension cords or put it in a much less ideal location. A longer cord would be very helpful, even if it’s an after market option.

You can purchase a longer cord as long as it matches the same electric requirements. Ring doesn’t sell them but many can be found on Amazon and such.

I see after market cords for the stick up camera and spotlight/flood lights but not for the wired indoor camera.

@Eagle328 wrote:
You can purchase a longer cord as long as it matches the same electric requirements. Ring doesn’t sell them but many can be found on Amazon and such.

It has a micro USB plug in the back like shown in the attached photo?

1 Like

It is. The input is recessed quit a bit so you can’t use a clunky cord but I tried a cord from an old phone and it worked. Just ordered a 15 ft micro USB cord. Should work for my needs. Thanks!

Glad it worked out for you.

Please add feature that allows us to turn live feed on for all cameras in the dashboard.
Battery and hard wired. When something is happening, I want to be able to see all my cameras live in one place not keep bouncing between feeds. It wastes A LOT of precious time. I understand it will reduce battery life and increase data usage on my cell phone, but it is an option that is definitely needed!

2 Likes

This should happen on every camera, regardless of power source. Make it an option we can turn on and off for each cam

1 Like

Why do I not get a notification when a camera is disconnected! Apparently, my camera has been off-line for weeks and I never knew it! As a security company, you would think this would be a default option. Please add this feature to notify us when the camera is off-line

1 Like

Spotlight does not know it is off-line. Please fax. Video doorbell to also does not know it’s off-line. Please fix. Also, please add notifications when devices are off-line!

1 Like

can i live view my 2 ring cameras at once on one screen

on my main computer,i can view one at a time but not together ??

No, you cannot. It is stupid. Should be able to view live feeds from the dashboard on every camera.

Doorbell cams I cannot for like the last week change angle or zoom on either one of my cameras

Doorbell cams I cannot for the last week change angle or zoom on either one of my cameras

I have guests staying at my property and they have advised that the alarm on the security camera activated at 3.00am this morning. I did not receive a notification and there is nothing in my events. Just to be sure how do I permanently disarm the alarm from your ring floodlight camera? Thank you

I have aquired indoor cams for my Ring System which includes a full perimeter and 6 motion detectors. I seldom use the indoor cams because I don’t want them recording when we are home. I would like them to arm when armed and away is selected on the base station. I would also like the exterior cameras to turn on when the alarm is triggered, or at least selected ones. As it is, I only use the indoor cams in live mode.

All related to the Ring Floodlight Cam:

1. Ability to turn on the floodlights anytime the camera motion zone is triggered (basically override the light motion zones).

2. Ability to pause motion zones and recording for a period of time. Particularly want to be able to disable the floodlights for say the next X hours. (Turning them on and off resets the distance that you set)

3. Be able to snooze motion alerts for longer than 4 hours. Sometimes I want to snooze the alerts for an entire day, or an entire weekend.

5 Likes

I have 4 Flood Light Cameras. I would like to submit a feature request to allow users to trigger all camera alarms simultaneously. If someone is breaking into my house and I catch them on camera, I want to be able to cause as much noise as I can in the shortest amount of time. Having to trigger each individual alarm is too time consuming in a situation like that.

2 Likes

@Stitch They are supposed to be launching a new feature that allows cameras to be connected to the Alarm modes (to solve you indoor cam issue). https://community.ring.com/t5/News-and-Announcements/Introducing-Modes/m-p/2484#M83

You can already link your cameras to your alarm so they will turn on when your alarm goes off. Go to the Base Station device and choose the Linked Devices option.