Screeching noise from floodlight

Today I arrive home and the floodlight is screeching — I called ring support and they wanted me to hit a button on the floodlight not possible because it’s 2 stories high — has anyone else had this issue — sounds like thousands of bugs mating — if you have experienced this how did you resolve it??

Hey @Tfull03! Is this happening when answering an event/ live streaming, or is this sound constantly coming from your device? Keep in mind, if there are any major interferences in wifi connection, audio may not operate as intended.

If this sound is consistently coming from your device and not during a video stream, please continue troubleshooting with our support team, as they can take an in-depth look at this matter.

Yes. Just happened this morning 6/14/2020
I tried to hold reset button for extended time like 5 to 6 seconds first couple times it didn’t do anything. Then my food light went on and I reset with hold again and somehow it got fixed. That is so strange because this screeching was so loud I could hear it inside my house.

We have 4 Floodlight Cameras, installed about a year ago. Today one of my floodlight Camera was squealing. You could hear it inside the house, it was a constant squeal. I openned the app up, clicked on the Camera, and hit alarm. You could faintly hear the alarm, but the sqealing was much louder. I turned the alarm off, but the squealing continued. I turned the power to the Camera off, then turned it back on 15 seconds later. The squealing stopped.

My floodlight cam has just done the same thing. Removed power from it, thankfully it’s wired into the upstairs lighting circuit so could cut that, turned it back on and everything returned to normal.

Floodlight cam was screeching loudly. I turned off power to the floodlight cam via a light switch for a few seconds and then turning it back on worked and sound stopped. Floodlight cam seems to be working fine again.

1 Like

Hi this is happening to my camera in my back garden only started happening about a week ago now

Hi neighbors! If you’re hearing any type of odd noise like this coming from your Ring device, I would suggest performing a reset by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, set the Ring device back up in the Ring App using the steps under Set Up a Device. If the noise persists after this step, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can look into this further with you. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.