Ring will not Snooze

We have some people working in the front yard and the Ring will not stop going off. I snoozed motion alerts - didnt work. Snoozed ring alerts as well - didnt work.

I was able to turn off the notifications on my phone, but the chime and alexa keeps going off.

Very annoying. I have uninstalled it and will have to reinstall it later but that is not going to work longterm.

I see that this is a common problem - I have liked my Ring since installing it a few days ago (and am planning on getting more) but this will be enough for me to return it if it does not stop.

Has anyone else had success fixing this?

I cannot get Ring to snooze. I have followed the directions, but it did not work. What else should I do?

I am having the same problem today. I snoozed my doorbells because I have contractors working on the house all week. And it’s driving me crazy with all the alerts. Why can’t Ring get this thing to work correctly?

Btw, Their solution to everything seems to be to delete the app and reinstall it which I have done more than once.

Hi neighbors! The Snooze option in the Ring app should certainly prevent alerts from coming to your mobile device. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app was a great call. I recommend also ensuring there is not a vpn enabled when saving this snooze option.

Check out our help center article about Motion and Global Snooze for tips on using this feature. Keep in mind, while this snooze prevents alerts to your Ring app and mobile device, Alexa enabled devices and Ring Chimes will still sound for notifications. There is a Ring Chime Snooze feature, and Alexa alert options, if you run into this scenario. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is because the snooze option on the app will snooze motion alerts to the phone only, and not to the chimes. Of course, this makes absolutely no sense, as you then must independently go to each chime and snooze that device. Oh, and when you snooze the chime, the doorbell no longer rings so you’d have to go deeper into setting to get just the motion alerts to stop. On top of that, shared access users can’t do any of this, so if you’re not home they get to hear the chimes go off all day while the kids are playing.

This is GARBAGE software integration from Ring developers. My company is in control system design and automation, and functionality that poor would never be allowed by our customers.

Integrate the chimes better, it should be achievable. The Chime only knows when to alert motion from the cameras and it knows how to distinguish between motion and a ring. The Camera can be snoozed such that the motion is not sent to the app on your phone, but doorbell rings will, so why can’t the same be true for the signal to the Chimes??