Ring stick up cam 2nd gen bad video quality

I have numerous cameras, doorbell, floodlight, spotlight cam etc, purchased a stick up cam / outside model about a month ago, the the video quality is so bad you can barely make anything out. have tried putting it next to router to see if improves , it does not, all other cameras are fine, have 1gb internet. Any other ideas?

Hey @Mumblemouth. Could you show us a video example of this poor quality so we could see what you’re seeing? In addition, an example of a better quality video from another device to compare would be great! :slight_smile:

Driveway one is extremely pixelated. thats actually one of the better pics from that cam.

Can’t even make out a person walking to house

It won’t let me upload a video. Says mp4 is wrong format

@Mumblemouth Thank you for those photos! No worries on the upload of the video, I can see what you mean from the screenshots. What other Ring devices do you have? What is the RSSI for this Stick Up Camera? Could you go to Ring.com/speed on your phone, and run a speed test next to the Stick Up Camera installation with your mobile data off? Let me know what those results look like! :slight_smile:

speed is 210mbps download 31 mbps upload. rsi 49… i have just about all the cameras, have spotlight cam solar, doorbell pro, floodlight, stickup cam indoor , stick up cam power for driveway which is the one with issue

@Mumblemouth Chiming in for Chelsea here to follow up. The speeds you received from performing the speed test at the mounting location of the Camera should be sufficient. You may want to check out this Help Center article here, which will cover some router settings you can adjust which may improve the video quality. I’d also recommend giving the following troubleshooting steps a try.

• Take a washcloth and gently wipe off the lens of the Camera to ensure there is no dirt or debris that could be impacting the view.
  • Complete a reset and new setup of your Camera. To reset it, hold down the setup button for 30 seconds. Once that’s done, walk through a new setup of the Camera in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device.

Should the concern with the quality persist, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team so they can take a closer look at your device and network and recommend more advanced troubleshooting steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know if any of the recommendations work, or what our support team recommends as it may help other neighbors! :slight_smile: