Ring spotlight won't turn off

Same issue with me. Just started a few weeks ago. Clearly a Ring problem. I believe my Ring got a software update and then this light issue started.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! If you’re still having this concern after trying the steps that were previously recommended, it may be best if you contact our support team directly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I am having the same issue with 2 ring cameras and it just started in the last week. We made no changes in our motion settings and this hasn’t been an issue for close to a year, so it’s clear that something has changed in software. Hope Ring support will issue some guidance on this.

1 Like

I had this same problem with my floodlight cam which I had for about 2 years. After going around and around with their customer service tech people trying all sorts of fixes I finally got them to send me another camera. Got a refurbished cam but I had to pay an electrician once again to wire it in. This was done early August. I just discovered that ring has another problem which they finally admitted was a software issue having to do with an update. It’s not possible to set the lights via the ring app to alter the motion zone range when they would go on. The lights will only go on with motion within 8-10 feet of the unit. That’s with motion and light range set at the max. Again I spent a lot of time with their customer service last nite trying everything before tech finally informed the customer service rep it was a software issue. My neighbors spotlight cam has same problem. Not happy with a Ring at all.

3 Likes

It’s a product defect which cannot be fixed via the ring application. It’s about time Ring recognizes this.

5 Likes

Same here! Have turned the light off, have set it to not turn on with motion at all, have closed out app & restarted, but the light won’t turn off! Help!!

1 Like

I have the same issue with 2 ring flood light and 1 ring spotcam. This just started month back. Even after turning the lights off with ring application, it turns back on with any movement. I can no longer keep the lights off. It is super annoying to the point that I have to turn off power to them when using backyard. Ring please help.

1 Like

I just had my Floodlight Cam installed yesterday and last night was fine, however tonight my lights will not shut off no matter what I do. They go off for a few minutes then right back on and I set it for lights off still on.
Extremely aggravating and I feel badly for my neighbors for the constant lights on.

I have the same problem. It just started on one of my cameras. I have two others that were all installed July 2020. Is this going to happen to all of them?

I’m having the same problem, I turn off the security lights in my app, they turn back on. Regardless of the time limit I set, the lights never turn off. Very disturbing to my neighbors at night, I’m not pleased with this flaw.

2 Likes

We are having same issue with on camera as well. The other two seem fine but one light will not remain off. I have the same situation where if I go live the light seems to stay off for a bit then it comes back after a while. I feel like we are blinding our neighbors. The fix recommendation by ring did not work. Ring. Please help!!

2 Likes

I am having the same problem. The lights worked fine for ages, but at night now won’t turn off, except for about one second, then straight back on. Tried adjusting all settings and setting lights to off, but no joy. They are not triggered by motion as the camera isn’t being triggered, just the lights.
I’m going to ask for a refund, because this is costing me money. If we all do the same, they might pay more attention to getting this fixed!

2 Likes

Also having the same issue

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue as well. This is frustrating as is annoying for the neighbors. I’ve changed the battery 3 hours ago go the battery is already down to 80%.

1 Like

Same thing happening here and I’ve tried everything! Also many times the lights are on but don’t show they’re on in the ring app! So frustrating!!! Can’t get them off for more than a couple of seconds!

1 Like

Hey neighbors! If you’re still having this concern after trying the steps that were previously recommended, it may be best if you contact our support team directly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here . We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Same issue here, it would be nice to use the hot tub without the dang ring light turning on all the time. I bypassed a switch to install, so time to put that back in place as Ring seems to think their software should control the settings instead of the users. Sky net is coming!

1 Like

Having the same issue with brand new light out of the box.

3 Likes

Same issue. Installed floodlight camera and both flood lights are on constantly. Can not even shut them off with the Ring App. if the power is on to the box the lights are always on - so annoying.

4 Likes

Check out these Help Center articles for tips on controlling the lights.

Keep in mind, even with light zones off, the lights are intended to come on when Camera motion is detected. The duration that the lights stay on after a motion is detected, can be altered in your light settings as well.

Please also ensure wifi connection and power is sufficient per the Device Health section of your Ring app.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

2 Likes