cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring spotlight won't turn off

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring spotlight won't turn off

The spotlight on my spotlight camera won't stay off. I go into the settings and switch the lights off. They turn off. Then a couple of seconds later, they turn back on. I turn them off then quickly go to the live view and tap the light bulb to turn them off again and at that point they seem to stay off, for a while. It's not motion, I don't think. I want them to turn on when it senses a person or car pull into my driveway. I gave up last night and just left them on and set the schedule to have them turn off at 5:30 in the morning. They turned off, but a second later turned back on. This is frustrating to say the least. I thought this camera and light would be the answer, but not the way it is operating now.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Ring spotlight won't turn off

Hi @stanley721! Your Spotlight Cam lights can be controlled via the device settings in your Ring app. I recommend starting by minimizing the light sensitivity so it will only trigger when motion triggers. If you do not want your lights to trigger at all, you may turn off the light zones completely. 

Keep in mind, even with light zones off, the lights are intended to come on when Camera motion is detected. The duration that the lights stay on after a motion is detected, can be altered in your light settings as well. Disabling both light zones, and toggling the "Record Motion" off, can help to prevent any lights from triggering, but this will also prevent any motions from being detected. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks, I appreciate the information. Although, as accurate as it is it doesn't solve the problem of the spotlights coming on and apparently they cannot be unscrewed. Thanks again for the help

Highlighted
New Neighbor

One of my flood lights doing same thing. Keeps turning back on all night.

Even put in sleep mode so no motion etc and still on almost all the time????

Lease help ring.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ours just started doing this as well. I have turned off the light on the view and within the settings and shortly after it switches back on. System says everything is good. I dont know what else to do either.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue with me. Just started a few weeks ago. Clearly a Ring problem. I believe my Ring got a software update and then this light issue started.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! If you're still having this concern after trying the steps that were previously recommended, it may be best if you contact our support team directly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.