Ring spotlight cam wired. Why attach a plug.

Why on earth do ring attach a plug to their wired spotlight cam as i now have to cut off the plug to get cable through the wall and then buy a new plug to fit to it. Don’t ring realise these things need plugging in indoors

@Pip59 wrote:

Why on earth do ring attach a plug to their wired spotlight cam as i now have to cut off the plug to get cable through the wall and then buy a new plug to fit to it. Don’t ring realise these things need plugging in indoors

I think it’s legislation that a moulded plug has to be fitted because some are not competent to fit a plug. Cut it off and Ring will no doubt say you’ve invalidated the warrenty

What a load of rubbish then pointless selling them then as you can’t plug them in outdoorsas a theif would just unplug it to turn it off. Why can’t they make it like the floodlight cam as this does not come with a plug fitted. Absolutely stupid either i have a camera with no warranty or a camera i can’t use stupid Ring poduct i have wasted my money on.

1 Like

Hi @Pip59! The chord is fixed to that Camera to ensure for efficient weather resistance, dependable power, and it helps with anti-theft. Understanding your concern about a thief unplugging and taking your Cam, there are locked outlet covers that you can add, if the outlet you are using is easily accessible by others. Keep in mind we also have a theft policy, in which we will replace your device if stolen.

@ChrisJohn is correct in stating that any alteration our devices beyond it’s intended design, will result in the voiding of warranty. Check out our Warranty page to learn more. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Not really it means its useless to me how can i plug a secuity camera in outdoors its ridiculous. Ring don’t seem to want to cater for the UK. I have got a video doorbell pro no plug on that just bought a plug in adapter from ring. I have a battery spotlight cam out in my back garde. Bought a wired spotlight cam for front but now find i cant ust it without voiding the warranty thanks very much ring what a rip off.

1 Like

Hi @Pip59 I understand your frustrations and will absolutely share them with the team. If you would like to work with us to exchange the device for a better device fitted for you home, please email me at chelsea@ring.com. Thank you

I agree with you 100% I bought mine today and I certainly will be cutting the lead so I can run it through my external wall. This is a basic design flaw in my opinion.

1 Like

Hey neighbors. I would like to let you know that there a more options for the Spotlight Cam if the cord is a deal breaker. For instance, we have our Spotlight Cam Mount that comes with the wire leads exposed, so you can wire this similar to our Floodlight Cam. I hope this helps!